ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio reliability

Hmm.. interesting, what sample is it taken from?

[Edited by Pete_172 on 20 July 2004 at 3:56pm]

Just read the warrenty bit at the bottom!

Goes to show how misleading the image VW products have is. I get sick and tired of people trying to tell me what a quality product the lastest VW blah blah is.

Just as with brands such as Stella Artois, the UK is duped by advertising into believing that they are premium products. The rest of Europe know them for the bog standard cars they are.

Clio v6

Dont forget we only hear the bad points when people have a niggle or two. Hundreds of thousands of Clios out there.

Yaris Hybrid

Yeah and dont forget a VW (or BMW/Lexus/Merc etc) owner has paid twice as much for their car as a Renault/Vauxhall/Ford that has the same performance and specification.

The only thing they have got for all that extra expense is an image. The image being that they are successful and can afford to pay more purely for a higher quality product. If that image of quality is shattered they end up looking like the village idiot who has just been ripped off.

Therefore the last thing they will do is report faults in ownership surveys like the one top gear are doing at the moment as that would be shooting themselves in the foot and throwing money down the drain!

Hence you see a difference in results between owner surveys and those like the one above which was probably from a warranty company.

What makes me laugh is that even the top gear owners surveys say that VWs are not that reliable. So why do the top gear and other tv motoring presenters when reviewing VW say "it goes without saying that this car will be reliable". Why do they make statements based on a twenty year old image instead of using their own up to date source material!!!?!?!

Remapped derv Golf

Depends what they mean. Do they mean the broken down (i.e non mover) or just little odds and ends going wrong?