ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RB7

SG9 Forester STi
I'm gathering I've missed the thread on this? (Feel free to remove if posted elsewhere).

Thoughts on this? It just popped up on my Twitter feed. Pricey!

http://media.renault.com/global/en-...s&utm_medium=rss&utm_source=media.renault.com

Renault-Clio-RS-Red-Bull-Racing-RB7-1.jpg

Renault-Clio-RS-Red-Bull-Racing-RB7-2.jpg

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Another special edition!?!

Oh Renault :dapprove:

SG9 Forester STi
LOL @ the diffuser and front blade!

I just reckon they've got some un-sold Raiders.

Lol appears that way. Branded as the Red Bull limited edition and from what I gather is more expensive than the Raider and the Gordini which were overpriced to begin with. (IMO of course).

Whats Red Bull about it?

That's what I thought, all I can see is the Red Bull sticker which I mistook for shopping list stickers at first lol.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
FFS Another one lol.

To be honest, the only edition that i would actually really really consider paying £20k for, would be a Trophy.

In UR, with a hydraulic steering rack, remote Sachs dampers & a Quaife LSD. Id finance that bad boy over the next 10 years if needed.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Well it's horrendous. Shame it's not coming here. I like lolling at people buying stupidly priced cars.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
FFS Another one lol.

To be honest, the only edition that i would actually really really consider paying £20k for, would be a Trophy.

In UR, with a hydraulic steering rack, remote Sachs dampers & a Quaife LSD. Id finance that bad boy over the next 10 years if needed.

Hi

Ph2 Clio 172
I actually really like the look of that (if you lost the RB sticker).

Not sure its worth the extra price just for some yellow paint though...

172 Cup
FFS Another one lol.

This. Wish renault would stop beating about the bush with these models and give us a trophy.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
That diffuser! :dead:

its like theyve came on here, looked at every thread made by 17 y/o's and though 'yeah, thats what our buyers want'.

lol at unsold raiders. exactly what i thought.

i wonder if itll come with a crate of red bull in the back... because sticking a red bull sticker on doesnt really make it a red bull edition, if that was the case there are so many dc and monster special edition clios around

LY R27
This is really pissing me off now, how renault can call things a limited edition when they have already got 4 AFAIK mk3 limited editions?!

I had an argument with a Renault salesman who didn't have a clue the other week about what an R27 was, and how they were only Cup chassis (unlike he thought). He went on to boast that he had a gordini, before I quickly told him, there is no point. It has some stupid stripes down it and its classed as a limited edition. (He said he likes how its a little heavier, suspension is softer? and that its more comfortable to drive) Surely that beats the concept of a Limited Edition Hot Hatch?

We want these things to have turbos and nitrous injection before they can be classed as Limited Editions not ghey paintwork and a silly RedBull sticker.....

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Surely that beats the concept of a Limited Edition Hot Hatch?.

renault stopped making real limited editions after the 182 trophy. that was the last car they spent any time developing afaik... after that they just chucked options at them and called them limited.

poor megane trophy owners :( paying for a 'limited edition' model (paint, map and stickers) to have it released as a standard model minus stickers a few month later. paying a premium for stickers ftl :(

LY R27
renault stopped making real limited editions after the 182 trophy. that was the last car they spent any time developing afaik... after that they just chucked options at them and called them limited.

poor megane trophy owners :( paying for a 'limited edition' model (paint, map and stickers) to have it released as a standard model minus stickers a few month later. paying a premium for stickers ftl :(

Fair play.

LY R27
Tell a lie, this would be the 5th mk3 LE (I think)

- R27
- Gordini
- Silverstone
- Raider
- RB7

in the space of 5 years?

PB 182 (1 of 29)

Was thinking that myself......bit of a Williams Two all over again!

LY R27
tbf the r27 was the first to come with cup chassis and ly as an option (only one iirc)

Obviously I am biased towards the R27, but I bought one for the reasons you have outlined (the LY was not released an an option, it was only an option on the R27). In other words you couldn't go out and buy a normal 197 in LY (I don't think), correct me if I'm wrong

Last edited:
  LY R27
What are you talking about? There is no mistake in my post!! :p

And it realy doesn't say "last edited at 13:13"