ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio R3 Rally Cars

Weirdly enough I was listening to some really dirty dubstep and this popped up on my recommended, I guess they go hand in hand.

The starting sound is the best I think, beefy as f**k!

(Probably a repost, sorry if it is).

Last edited by a moderator:
  RB 182
My mate ran one in the BRC the past couple of seasons. Epic machines, just nowhere near as competitive as the DS3's when going for championships. He's now got a DS3!

Mk3 Megane 250
Video's are really good and as said the noise!!! and not a shopping trolley handle in sight ;) (Cup Spolier)

RB 182
Peter taylor by any chance? If it is, he's at most of the rallys i go to. Very quick and really good to watch.

Yeah Peter, was an epic car but just not quick enough to go for the outright championship win even after many thousands spent on another engine and gearbox. The lads come a long way of late, looking forward to see what he can do in a competitive car.

Yeah the DS3 just has much more torque! Love the sound of them, they sound very low revving! Saw him in the DS3 at otterburn, cant wait to see him again this year :)

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
I spent so long watching these before. Love that noise!

does anyone know why the r3s have one exhaust exit as opposed to two?

Because its a rally car! Exhausts tend to be tucked up as far as possible on a rally car to stop them being ripped off on stage. Also has to sit beneath Kevlar guards. A large box for twin pipes would not be feasible for this application and to be honest in my opinion twin pipe systems are pointless, its simply an asthetic thing, can't think of any performance benefit at all, in fact if anything the opposite.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Because its a rally car! Exhausts tend to be tucked up as far as possible on a rally car to stop them being ripped off on stage. Also has to sit beneath Kevlar guards. A large box for twin pipes would not be feasible for this application and to be honest in my opinion twin pipe systems are pointless, its simply an asthetic thing, can't think of any performance benefit at all, in fact if anything the opposite.

Aah, so are twin exits purely for aesthetics? No performance/flow gains?