ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio pushed by truck thread

Ph1
spoke to my old man who drivers for Sawyers, he reckons that it is possible not to notice it if he'd been driving solid from the night before.

the video was apparently made at 8.30AM on january the 13th and if its a hardcore trucker he could have been driving since early on the night before and that could be nearly 14-16hrs :nono: driving, to tired to notice/see anything.

but if u were fresh eyed and bushy tailed im sure you would notice it ffs.

my moneys on road rage, but you cant make assumptions until details are made clear.

Sawyers as in Irish fridges? How did he manage to find the time to speak to you? ;)

The trucker is in the middle lane i think?. HGV's unlike car drivers never hog the middle lane so i reckon he's seen the car, moved out to overtake but in the process of overtaking the woman driver has switched lanes, clipped the wagon and slid infront of it. The trucker probably hasnt realised as he thinks she's in his blind spot in the inside lane so he remains in middle lane oblivious.

Clearly the woman screwed up first to be in that position. How the hell can you miss a 44 tonne truck :S

BMW E30 325iiiiii
Sawyers as in Irish fridges? How did he manage to find the time to speak to you? ;)

lol aye those ones, i know wat you mean, some of the boys go away the sunday onto the continent come back the friday and away back out the sunday again, but he only does deliveries at the weekends to doncaster and spaulding.

sat beside him between christmas and new year for 3 days....ive he had been stopped he'd be in the crowbar hotel.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
LOL @ some of the idiots on here!

The driver was probably listening to music, as i do! (very loudly to drown out road noise etc)

There's no front wide angle mirror on it. (Top near side of the windscreen)

DAF XF's have a very high driving position with poor low down visibility.

The road was saturated with water, therefore the Clio's tyres would have had minimal traction @ 56mph.

The collision with the Clio could easily have been mistaken for a large pot hole or something along those lines!

Not that i'd know anything! :dead:

Mustang, S13, AX GT
But his Dads been driving for longer than us, so we're over ruled Gaz. I'm afraid its how it works apparently..

Waitey, your trucks are cheating though ;) With the money you've spent tuning the Volvo did it still work out cheaper than the FH16 700?

Last edited:
  Swift Sport
I showed the video to my Dad tonight, who has been driving lorries for 45 years. He agrees that it is possible that he hadn't noticed it. He feels that the driver should have realised but admitted that it's very easy for something like that to happen without feeling it.

Interestingly, if you watch the video, its actualy quite dark still, as you would expect for a rainy 8.30 january morning (sunrise 7.56 am on Jan 20th), and you can clearly see that all the cars, including the clio have their lights on.

And the clio is completely covering the headlights of the lorry.

And we are supposed to believe that the driver didnt notice his headlights illumination suddenly disapear?

Or the bright lights of the clio reflecting off the central reservation, straight out of the cab window to his right.

320d M Sport
it's clearly not fake as every other car on the motorway has backed up away from the truck...

I can't wait to be proved right! Who's with me?! Yea B!TCHES!

Ph1
lol aye those ones, i know wat you mean, some of the boys go away the sunday onto the continent come back the friday and away back out the sunday again, but he only does deliveries at the weekends to doncaster and spaulding.

sat beside him between christmas and new year for 3 days....ive he had been stopped he'd be in the crowbar hotel.

I was speaking to a guy who's mate drives for them. His meal times are ProPlus and coffee. :eek: Anything Irish pulling a fridge tends to be non stop lol

Ph1
Interestingly, if you watch the video, its actualy quite dark still, as you would expect for a rainy 8.30 january morning (sunrise 7.56 am on Jan 20th), and you can clearly see that all the cars, including the clio have their lights on.

And the clio is completely covering the headlights of the lorry.

And we are supposed to believe that the driver didnt notice his headlights illumination suddenly disapear?

Or the bright lights of the clio reflecting off the central reservation, straight out of the cab window to his right.

Its not dark its advanced dawn and if you look 3/4's of the Clio is hanging out into lane one so wouldnt be covering the drivers side headlight.

If you listen you can hear the tyres a bit and if you see to the latter part of the film theres a few sparks.

How do the press know the Clio driver was a woman and why has one of their drivers been suspended over it if it was a fake ?

Its not dark its advanced dawn and if you look 3/4's of the Clio is hanging out into lane one so wouldnt be covering the drivers side headlight.

If you listen you can hear the tyres a bit and if you see to the latter part of the film theres a few sparks.

How do the press know the Clio driver was a woman and why has one of their drivers been suspended over it if it was a fake ?

You can clearly see the lorries lights blocked by the clio.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
But both his tag axle and lead trailer axle are up? So it must be fairly light.

ABS fuse 14 in Scanias.
ABS fuse 22 in Renaults
Put a switch in the green wire on the left of the ECU in Volvos
Switch in the false live to the ECU in ERF's.

I could go on lol

yeah you could but your boring me too much now so no thanks!

Pwnt. Woman: Know your place.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL @ all your comments though. Good read.

If that's not road rage, I'll be a trucker's son.

BRB. Prossies to murder.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
But his Dads been driving for longer than us, so we're over ruled Gaz. I'm afraid its how it works apparently..

Waitey, your trucks are cheating though ;) With the money you've spent tuning the Volvo did it still work out cheaper than the FH16 700?

Yes. Volvo wanted like £1million for a 700 in our spec lol

''When he did he was "all over the place", Mrs Williams said, and finally managed to bring both vehicles to a stop on the hard shoulder.''

Well played that truck driver. That will not have been easy.

Well done indeed. Not managing to see a 1.2 tonne car attached to the front of your 'truck' surely is the sign of a hero. If only there were more drivers like this on our road. Think how safe we would be.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
pah, if any-ones retarded enough to get stuck on the front of a truck the HGV driver would be doing british roads a favour..

LMFAO @ the news report - so clipped gently and rolled onto front bumper exactly like I said - completely un-noticed

Not shunted and dragged for miles by road raged fuelled lorry driver ;)

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Well done indeed. Not managing to see a 1.2 tonne car attached to the front of your 'truck' surely is the sign of a hero. If only there were more drivers like this on our road. Think how safe we would be.

So you'd rather he panicked and slams her into the cenral res. killing her instantly?

Amazingly the truck driver didnt think it was important that he should wait at the scene of the accident.

Surely this guy is going to do jail time for this?

Driversview.jpg

It looks very much to me in this picture that the driver's head is tilted forwards as if he has nodded off. Or maybe he is looking down at a map / sending a text.

The driver should also be able to see the top of the car (if he wasnt asleep).

Mrs Williams has also said in her statement that she did not change lanes or deviate from her lane, and the two had been travelling together for some time like that.

If the lorry did clip the car as it is supected, then the driver should have seen the car as it swung around to its position in the picture as the arc of swing would have been further out that its current location.

are you Mrs Williams husband?

in a fit of anger in the morning he perfectly rammed a clio for a minute or so, yet still manages to bring it to a standstill still intact without loss of life?

none of us were there we dont know the ins and outs of the situation. he could of wanted to hurt her, she could have deviated from her lane (women lie you know)

stop getting in a hissy fit and man up, no one died, a clio got rammed and didnt crumble and the internetz go wild.

the scandal and suspense to find the truth is amazing!1!11!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra

Amazingly the truck driver didnt think it was important that he should wait at the scene of the accident.

Surely this guy is going to do jail time for this?

Driversview.jpg

It looks very much to me in this picture that the driver's head is tilted forwards as if he has nodded off. Or maybe he is looking down at a map / sending a text.

The driver should also be able to see the top of the car (if he wasnt asleep).

Mrs Williams has also said in her statement that she did not change lanes or deviate from her lane, and the two had been travelling together for some time like that.

If the lorry did clip the car as it is supected, then the driver should have seen the car as it swung around to its position in the picture as the arc of swing would have been further out that its current location.

Thank god you weren't the investgator when one of ours killed someone.

Your logic is laughable. If he was asleep how the hell it he stay in the straight line for starters. Trucks wander a fair bit. Also him stopping it within a minute safely is incredable.

Where you've drawn your line of sight is also off by a fiar bit.

If i get time i'll nip to the yard and take a picture from the drivers perspective.

GR7

Shiny red R32
The owner of the Clio, a 31-year old vet, was just speaking on the lunchtime news and so too was her husband. Seemingly the police are going to re-open their investigation into the incident!

I wonder what condition her car is in after being shoved along the road for a few miles!
Maybe Renault will use it in an advertising feature to show how strong their Clios are!!