ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio + Nitromorse = Tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
shoot_them_in_front_of_their_families.png

I would. Such a shame to see any car like this, let alone such a nice one (LY is my favourite colour :dapprove:).

172 cup
In all honesty you must have an idea of who has done that, it's not a random attack for them to spend that much time on the attack. You must of pissed someone off either that or mistaken identity. Either way it's gutting

04 Monaco Blue 172
im shocked at the pics mate and i feel for you

any type of nice car is a target, ive lost count of all the astra gsi bumpers that have been nicked recently, all for a quick £300

i hate criminal scum

get it fixed, pick yourself up, dust yourself down and carry on with a head held high

Lotus Elise
They did a good job of that, insurance will write it off especially with it being LY good luck getting it sorted.

Mini Cooper S
Feel bad for you. What kind of person would want to do this!? Personally I would want to hunt them down!

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Ouch, really feel for you mate. I'd be livid if someone did that to my car, I'd also be worried about sorting it in case the prats come back for round two.

Clio Sport 197
Fukinell thats terrible ! gutted for you mate.

I see you quite often near crumlin, i drive a red 197 number plate N 9VNS, car always looks lovely and ive flashed to you a few times thinking you were hodgins.

Its heartbreaking to do but if it were me id get rid and buy another one. Just go through insurance mate, it'll cost you too much and what if when you get it back its done again or the paint react's as nitromorse can be some nasty s**t if left on too long

PH1 Track Car
Cant believe that, completely uncalled for!
Such a nice car as well.
Hope you catch whoever did it although its doubtful :/

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
Back to standard > sell modifications > insurance claim > buy it back > sell / fix it back to former glory

Will cost a small fortune to do!

I wouldn't know what to do with myself, if I found my car like that.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Repair and sell it I say, I'd bet it'll be done again when they see it mint again.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
f**king disgusting that. You cant even own a nice car these days without it getting attacked by jealous scum.

I would get the insurance payout and go for a cheaper less in your face car. Untill you know who did this atleast.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
The issue you have with paint stripper is that if you spray over it, it will eat back through! Therefore generally you would need to grind all effected panels down to the metal & further on those effected.

Yellow is a tw*t of a colour, very difficult to paint match as it fades.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I would be devastated. Sorry to see this man :(

Person that did this should be fed to pigs and then shot in the face .

;)

but f**k me thats terrible... although...

it seems to have removed the paint very well. it may be a stupid idea but why dont you buy more, strip it back (so you wont have to sand it, removing some prep) to the metal/plastic... then get your mate to spray it?

or would it not work like that ? :dapprove:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Harsh fella, proper shocking :(

Sorry to be a cynic but that can't possibly be a random attack. They've gone out of their way to make sure every panel has been touched. Bellends.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Feel bad for you. What kind of person would want to do this!? Personally I would want to hunt them down!

Same here Gutted for you mate ! , Find out who it is and bide your time cant let this go TBH Fuckin w*****s who do things like this SCUM !!
Still cant see it being Random you MUST have some idea who it may be ?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The issue you have with paint stripper is that if you spray over it, it will eat back through! Therefore generally you would need to grind all effected panels down to the metal & further on those effected.

I've seen you give out paint advice in the past and it was wrong mate. I don't want to have a go but where other peoples cars are involved you need to be careful when giving out wrong advice.

First up paint stripper will not come back through if it's prepped correctly. I know because we have done plenty of them. Sand completely back and wash with normal water or even shampoo. It will neutralise the product, re-sand and prep as normal.

Massive prep and massive amount of products tbh.

Liquid Yellow also doesn't fade, it's a Pearl colour consisting of ground coat, basecoat and then of course clear. Mettalics don't fade like Clearover Base and Solid colours.

Golf GTD Mk7
Gutted for you mate. The area does look a little rough from the pics though sorry to say :eek:

Are you sure that the "brick" wasn't actually an open can of Nitromorse?? The directionality of the splatters indicate that this might have been the case (maybe i've been watching too much CSI)

Last edited:
  ITB BG 182
To the OP - There is no way that is a random attack, it is not exactly on a busy street where people walk down all the time.
Some one has gone out of their way to find where your car is and plan that out so they can get your car good and proper.
I would be thinking back for the past 6 months atleast and then go knocking some ones knee caps out with a sledge hammer.

With regards to paint stripper, if you sand right back and wash down alot then sand down again as Gally has said, it should do the trick but LY is a fucker to do.
Unless your mate is a dogs danglies at spraying, its not going to be easy.

I personally would start looking at all the plastic panels and checking they are ok and not bubbled on the inside, LY will be costly so why not respray in another colour that will be cheaper to start or even just go matt colour?

Gutted for you mate. The area does look a little rough from the pics though sorry to say :eek:

Are you sure that the "brick" wasn't actually an open can of Nitromose?? The directionality of the splatters indicate that this might have been the case (maybe i've been watching too much CSI)

^^Good point

Are you sure that the "brick" wasn't actually an open can of Nitromorse?? The directionality of the splatters indicate that this might have been the case (maybe i've been watching too much CSI)

Interesting theory but I can't see it myself. To get every panel like that? It'd be the worst luck in the world. Plus, how would it have gotten all over the bonnet?

Pics are pretty shocking. Really gutted for OP, made me feel sick looking at those, but I stand by my original comment - I simply can't see this being a random attack.

Mind you, having seen the area it's parked in (no offence meant) I am not quite as certain. This isn't helping OP any but if I lived somewhere like that I wouldn't be buying a LY Clio I don't think. It's gonna be a magnet for the local wildlife. I've lived in a shitty area before and it paid to have a nondescript car and to always park it in the middle of a row. Still used to get randomly attacked like but you get used to it living in a warzone.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
It was the person that owns that blue Corsa in the background.

Pathetic that someone feels the need to damage the car out of jealousy, or if it is a 'revenge' act, it's a very cowardly way to do it since you don't even know who it is.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
All paint fades regardless of colour... Not only that all you've done is go in to further depth to what I was getting at..

Fact yellow is a C*** to colour match, fact all colours fade, some worse than others, yellows & reds are common offenders of this.

No it doesn't always come back through, but will if prep isn't correct i.e sanding & paint cleaner good base coat etc.

Don't really see what I've written that isn't correct.

Last edited:

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
WOW aint you quick to throw accusations mate but for your infomation it's nothing at all like that so keep you accusations to your self cheers

And as for the xenons i removed them and fitted hid's

Glad you listened to the advice you were given in that thread as well.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
gally, is ly a b**ch to match just for the pearlescence of it?

i keep hearing its a b**ch but its not been explained why

A number of reasons mate, it's always hard to explain. I'll put it another way, some pearl tinters are like milky water. Hence the groundcoat which is just yellow. The pearl is so thin it's take so many coats in some cases to get coverage. We had 7 coats on an Ultimate Green spray card at one point.

Way too many variables.

WOW aint you quick to throw accusations mate but for your infomation it's nothing at all like that so keep you accusations to your self cheers

And as for the xenons i removed them and fitted hid's

Sorry you removed really xenons to fit fake ones? Hmmm not sure if serial.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

gally, is ly a b**ch to match just for the pearlescence of it?

i keep hearing its a b**ch but its not been explained why

All paint fades regardless of colour... Not only that all you've done is go in to further depth to what I was getting at..

Fact yellow is a C*** to colour match, fact all colours fade, some worse than others, yellows & reds are common offenders of this.

No it doesn't always come back through, but will if prep isn't correct i.e sanding & paint cleaner good base coat etc.

Don't really see what I've written that isn't correct.

You told him his paint would fade, that's factually incorrect. The pigment in the paint might change slightly but me and you both know that when people here the word fade they start assuming things. Hence the poor advice.

You said it will eat back through. Not true. Aluminum panels and plastic panels should NOT be fixed only replaced. A few years back we did a Black RS4 carbriolet, Circa 12k worth of damage. Still see the car local and in the garage in perfect condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.