ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio + Nitromorse = Tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
s**t luck mate,

The brick is fluke, but as many have said, someone won't go to the trouble of writing your car off for a laugh. You, or your missus has pissed someone off.

04 Monaco Blue 172
that blows mate, not nice to hear at all

ive just sold an astra coupe turbo and on the astra owners club

members were always posting up about the GSI bumpers getting nicked

end of the day, if people have nice things, there are always people who will damage it

Megane r26
Thats a bit of s**t luck you got there fella, me personally (no matter how attached i was) i would just write it off an move onto something else. Also if you have upset someone it may take um a while to twig you have a different motor. As said its going to be in the thousands no matter what an i'm in the trade.

320d
If your car gets paint strippered then couldn't you just get a vinyl wrap instead of a respray. Obviously it would mean a change of colour but surely its a much cheaper option.

172 ph1
f**king slimey b******s! deserve shooting for that...unlcky marra but you must of done summit?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Probs just because its such an awesome colour tbh.

Sick that 2 LY's got done within a week of eachother too :s

Whats the point in paying for insurance if you're not going to use it though?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Probs just because its such an awesome colour tbh.

Sick that 2 LY's got done within a week of eachother too :s

Whats the point in paying for insurance if you're not going to use it though?

I see insurance as a mandatory part of being able to drive. Nothing more.

Entirely due to how uninterested they are with helping their customers and will do anything to avoid paying out and to squeeze every penny from the drivers. If I had the choice, I wouldn't go through insurance for a 'cheap' car because the odds are you'll get fucked over somehow

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
Sell the LY to me. ;) instead of going through insurance.

Ohh forgot, you get some pricks in this world!
Hope this all gets sorted soon and without a hefty cost.

Ly Megane 230 F1
mine must be due a vandelizing..seems to be the in thing to vandelize liquid yellow 182s these days. Sorry to hear mate hope you do get it sorted:)

Monaco 172
Abso gutted for you m8 :( what a disaster of a day, im sure you will find out who it was nothing ever stays quiet up your area, il keep an ear open for u.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
reading these posts makes me feel better for selling my LY 182

knowing people that work in the bodyshop, I know £250 wouldn't cover mates rates in labour alone, paints, primers and base coats will cost that or more. I had a panel resprayed and rejected it twice from a place that had experience with LY. Get it wrong and you might as well spray it sunflower yellow.

If you want to keep the car, go through the insurance, if they do write it off, buy it back and with the money you get back will cover the majority if not all of a professional respray.

seriously think hard before going for a cheap / mates rates respray, as I would be completely demoralised if it were my car and it didn't come back 100% perfect.

Ly Megane 230 F1
google says both are right so im guessing my one is american cause my s**t laptop isnt made in the uk... english was never my best subject anyway lol

Civic Type R
Wow.. whether you realise it or not, someone is pissed with you. People don't damage every panel for no reason. More commonly this is done with brake fluid anyway. Someones been to B&Q and brought the Nitromorse...

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Pics are on his photo bucket so i guess he is sorting it out now. i would be crying if it was my car.

Clio 182 cup
Who ever done this are the scum of the earth.
Feel for you. No easy answer.... gona be out of pocket either way.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Bad times that's 2 LY yellows done over in a week now :(

You cannot deny they attract attention. I would worry a lot if I had an LY without a garage.

The c***s who do it don't care about the shitty Silver Focus next door.

I think bright colours do attract more attention than black/silver, that's obvious.

But there's loads of girls on here with LY. Loads in RB. The Trophy is hardly subtle. Alien Green et cetera. All these cars are going to catch the eye of a drunk chav on the way home who feels like giving a wing mirror a boot.

But if you're getting all panels of your car paint strippered or keyed, it matters not what colour it is, someone is doing it because they don't like you.

mondeo titanium tdci
Glad my Artic blue is kept locked away in a heated garage every night there some c***s about fair play

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I think bright colours do attract more attention than black/silver, that's obvious.

But there's loads of girls on here with LY. Loads in RB. The Trophy is hardly subtle. Alien Green et cetera. All these cars are going to catch the eye of a drunk chav on the way home who feels like giving a wing mirror a boot.

But if you're getting all panels of your car paint strippered or keyed, it matters not what colour it is, someone is doing it because they don't like you.

Granted.

I don't know what it is about LY though. Maybe it's the ridiculous pain in the ass paint i'd be worried about.

LY is simply so bright. It would attract eyes quicker than RB/AG imo.

mondeo titanium tdci
Pics of Articulated Blue?

photo3-1.jpg

Octavia VRS LE
I literally seen your wife driving it about a week ago thought it was hodgins at first, was a lovely looking car, gutted for you mate, I suppose the turbo has gone out of the window now?

Status
Not open for further replies.