ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio + Nitromorse = Tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Rb Clio 182
Yea i got an over and painter ( proffesional ) which will paint it just didnt want to go thro insurance as they will write it of and to be honest with you its to good a car to be writen off

If it literally is every panel that needs doing if you're doing all the prep work it will still cost you 2,5 bare minimum for labour and materials

For a car that's probably worth 4500ish. Ouch.

Just let them write it off and buy another one. If you're married, you're probably old, so your insurance won't be too much. Lol.

You asked him whats so special about the car. I cleared it up for you... Everyones happy (bar you)
I like my car. If it got hit on the roof with a brick, covered in stripper and it looked like a write off I wouldn't be coughing up out of my own pocket to have it fixed. You then decide to throw out some insults. Grow up.

Evo 5 RS
I meant 2.5k LOL.
It's possibly the worst possible colour to match as well. I'd write it off, but I'd understand if he didn't if it wasn't a dog in other respects, theres not too many about after all (if you like LY).

Financially nothing makes sense anymore lets face it.

I like my car. If it got hit on the roof with a brick, covered in stripper and it looked like a write off I wouldn't be coughing up out of my own pocket to have it fixed. You then decide to throw out some insults. Grow up.

I called you a square, if that genuinely offended you then I'm truely sorry that the nerve I struck was so utterly close to the surface

I'm going to go and grow up now :)

172cup
That's f**king horrible, feel so sorry for you man.
Not to be negative, but I think you have a big problem there, no matter how you fix it they'll come back to f**k it up again.
You really need to understand who s trying to destroy your car.

Yea i bet it wont cost me half tha i can get it done for tha with out me buying the paint or doing the Prep my self .

If you can get a full respray done for under 1k and it looks good I'll be suprised. No offence of course, but it was going to cost me £580 to have just a door done.

Rb Clio 182
Um yea read the previouse comments b4 commenting please like what was said im doing all the prep work and just buying the paint thats all

Um yea read the previouse comments b4 commenting please like what was said im doing all the prep work and just buying the paint thats all

Sorry mate they were posted whilst I was typing, I still think it will be more though. Hope you get it sorted and sorry to hear about your car. :)

Sunflower Ph1 172
It's Friday 13th next week... with your luck I wouldn't leave the house.

Must be sickening to come out to, I wonder what goes through some peoples heads.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Who was knocking on your door?

Whoever it was could be involved

Surprising how brave these little s***s are nowadays

Now Sold :-(
Had a friend many years ago that had paint stripper poured all over her car. Was a six month old VW polo. Was repainted three times in total before they wrote it off. Every time the paint just bubbled up again where the stripper had got down into the metal. No amount of sanding/cleaning made any difference.

Sad times.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Had a friend many years ago that had paint stripper poured all over her car. Was a six month old VW polo. Was repainted three times in total before they wrote it off. Every time the paint just bubbled up again where the stripper had got down into the metal. No amount of sanding/cleaning made any difference.

Sad times.
I've heard this on numerous occasions, I'd defo go thru insurance.

Evo 5 RS
Give this fella £8 and let him crack on.

Half that and then a wee bit more, then you'lll be about right lol. Depends how much matey here reckons he'd be doing himself

You're looking at over a grand just for hardeners, lacquer and base coat etc lol. I'd like to see how far 250 quid gets him though just for lols

Clio 1.2 - 41k miles
SH*T! That's ridiculous, really sorry mate! Really unlucky! Try some of the other suggestions - Did it only happen to you on your street/Does any one have CCTV, It's worth a look to be honest! How bad is it, chuck some Pics up?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Ouch, hope you get it sorted relitavely hassle free. I'd just write it off tbh, get something which doesn't attract so much attention.

I'd love to see a £250 Liquid Yellow respray too.

Sunflower?

Half that and then a wee bit more, then you'lll be about right lol. Depends how much matey here reckons he'd be doing himself

You're looking at over a grand just for hardeners, lacquer and base coat etc lol. I'd like to see how far 250 quid gets him though just for lols

I gave up, I'm personally looking forward to seeing the results, and a receipt as proof!

Renault Clio RS182
Somebody (the next door neighbour) poured paint stripper allover my mums car when i was a young 'un. Didn't help that she'd told him to go back to his country of origin in an argument the previous day! lol Found the empty tin of stripper in the bush in the garden, but police said they couldn't prove that it was that particular paint stripper that was used :-/ Car was resprayed and paint was fine afterwards. Hope you catch the person/people that did this!

Well unlucky, the brick thing was quite a big problem near me recently. Turned out to be some little gypsy kids or something iirc.

FLOL, at the theorys to why this happened!

Status
Not open for further replies.