ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Mk2 Ph1

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
yer swap the lights lol.
ide get that exhaust if you can, would look nice ;)

Making an offer with the guy who is selling the exhaust, hopefully he accepts or someone else hasnt beat me to it :) Hope you dont mind me copying your car do you? :rolleyes:

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Dynamique wheels refurbed and fitted which Im pretty darn happy with! Pictures to follow soon after I find my digital camera which the parents have lost :dead:

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Dynamique Wheels :D

Heres the photos taken with my phone unfortunately!
Washed and Polished it :)

This is one freshly refurbed..

DSC00551.jpg

Heres some from them on the car at a variety of angles :)

DSC00553.jpg

DSC00555.jpg

DSC00556.jpg

DSC00558.jpg

DSC00557.jpg

Of course heres the Cliosport sticker! ;)

DSC00554.jpg

I know it needs lowered but Im picking up 40mm springs tomorrow morning and a mate is going to help fit them! Thanks for looking!

C&C Welcome..

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Coming along nicely mte, Dynamic spoiler next 100%! Will make such an improvement

Important question, what colour have you painted the wheels? i.e the colour code

AND

Are they lacqured too? Or just painted?

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Not sure of the colour code but its the proper renault paint, they are very shiney lol they were done by a company called Lester Engineering! A proper job than some DIY attempt

Just fitted the rear lowering springs tonight :D It looks lower than I expected :rasp: Going to do the front next weekend becuase we didnt have clamps to remove the springs safely!

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Its tempting but I think this will be me for a while now after I get the dual optics fitted and the front dropped as well :approve: Maybe Santa will get a spoiler for me :eek:

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Update - 20th December 2009

Hey everyone! Finally an update worth mentioning... I just got my dual optics fitted this week (its taken ages for some reason :dapprove:) BUT well worth the wait! Such an improvement for the front of the car! Always the pictures show my 40mm drop which is awesome! Sorry for the lame pictures, I really must buy a camera tripod...

th_DSCN1508.gif

th_DSCN1509.gif

th_DSCN1510.gif

th_DSCN1511.gif

th_DSCN1512.gif

th_DSCN1513.gif

It was a really dull day and the lack of polish shows :( I HATE the winter lol

Last edited:

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Update - 20th December 2009

Hey everyone! Finally an update worth mentioning... I just got my dual optics fitted this week (its taken ages for some reason :dapprove:) BUT well worth the wait! Such an improvement for the front of the car! Always the pictures show my 40mm drop which is awesome! Sorry for the lame pictures, I really must buy a camera tripod...

DSCN1508.gif

DSCN1509.gif

DSCN1510.gif

DSCN1511.gif

DSCN1512.gif

DSCN1513.gif

It was a really dull day and the lack of polish shows :( I HATE the winter lol

** Just realised I have doubled posted :( Silly me! Could a mod delete my first post with the thumbnail pictures please? and if possible rename my thread to "Gold 1.2 Mk2 Ph1"

Last edited:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
looks gr8 mate 40mm drop on 15" looks good compared to the 40mm on 16" i had lol... needs HID's too

whats next?

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Thanks :D Im hoping to get some ph2 side strips next and I would love to colour code the bullets or maybe even do them silver which could look nice?? I doubt I could get the renault gold from halfords which is kinda annoying.. Front fogs are in the pipeline as well!

Even any ideas from folks on here would be cool! As those are the only 2 things I can think of to add now :S

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
i can sell u the fogs ;) and mayb go for a ph1 or ph2 rear sport bumper and mayb if u can afford it a ph1 front bumper,wings and skirts but that aint exactly cheap lol

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
They are too expensive when you add up forking out to get them fitted and then sprayed :(

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
They are too expensive when you add up forking out to get them fitted and then sprayed :(

true but u wanted ideas :rasp: that was my next step till i wrote mine off was bidding on the stuff and everything :(

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Why haven't you binned those awful rear lights yet? That would have been my first 'mod' tbh.

They don't look that bad to be honest... they appear better in person! Ph2 lights are in the next plans though! AND i didnt install them, my brother the previous owner did

J

jakm15

nice . . get some fogs and hids and it would look spot on . . like mine . .

car006.gif

car005.gif

car003.gif

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
nice . . get some fogs and hids and it would look spot on . . like mine . .

Your car looks awesome in those pictures! Ive been copying yours from the very beginning! Im definately thinking about getting one of the same HID kits as yours... they seem a good buy at 35 pounds :approve: I assume you installed the 2x4 LED super white bulbs in your headlights?

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
buy my fogs ;);) lol and needs some ph2 rear lights aswell! looking good though matey :)

J

jakm15

Your car looks awesome in those pictures! Ive been copying yours from the very beginning! Im definately thinking about getting one of the same HID kits as yours... they seem a good buy at 35 pounds :approve: I assume you installed the 2x4 LED super white bulbs in your headlights?

thanks, ye the kits are good, when it is below 0 the led sidlights seem to flicker (going to find some better ones) and the hid's take a little while to warm up but who cares its not below 0 much lol.

MG ZR+ 105
by the way if you buy that twin exit ashley exhaust that was posted earlier in the thread you will need and adaptor to make the pipe smaller or get it welded on as its designed for 1.4/1.6 which has a bigger bore iirc

heres a pic of it on my car similar to yours with 172 ph1 rear bumper tho:

DSC_00108.jpg

the reason it hangs so low is because its heavy as f00k

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
by the way if you buy that twin exit ashley exhaust that was posted earlier in the thread you will need and adaptor to make the pipe smaller or get it welded on as its designed for 1.4/1.6 which has a bigger bore iirc

heres a pic of it on my car similar to yours with 172 ph1 rear bumper tho:

the reason it hangs so low is because its heavy as f00k

Nice car :) Im really not a fan of the colour coding, doesnt look right with the yellow/gold renault paint.. The exhaust looks pretty tidy, I understand it won't be to everyones taste but I wouldn't care :approve: Where can an adaptor be bought?

MG ZR+ 105
Nice car :) Im really not a fan of the colour coding, doesnt look right with the yellow/gold renault paint.. The exhaust looks pretty tidy, I understand it won't be to everyones taste but I wouldn't care :approve: Where can an adaptor be bought?

yer can get the adaptors on ebay but i recommend getting it fitting professionally as it is quite heavy one hanger really isnt enough

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
My dad recently pulled these old renault wheels out of the shed which look OLD SCHOOL :cool: Im really considering to put these on come the spring/summer, the photo does them no justice with the rim resting on the black bin liner its been covered with in the shed.

Its absolutely bawltic outside so I didnt fancy starting to pull them all out and wash them etc but heres a photo of one! Im pretty sure they should fit since they are 4 stud and in the inside it says x100 :) EURO STYLE?

DSCN1523.jpg

DSCN1524.jpg

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
old school renault wheels :cool:

size are they?

Im pretty sure they are 4x100 so they should be a straight fit! and they definately look awesome!

get them on there!

I really want them on but I simply dont have the cash to get tyres for them with the christmas period at the moment. Ive decided to keep them off until the spring/summer but who knows, maybe ill not be able to wait that long :eek:

Has anyone seen them before? My dad thinks he bought them for his old renault 5 years ago!

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
i mean like 14" - 15" or w.e :rasp: non the less they look awesome i want! :D

15s I think! they are awesome though :approve: when the weather improves im gna take them all out and give them a good wash with a layer of polish then store them away safely! They have been in my old garden shed for a good period of time which is a wreck!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
car's coming on well mate! Forgot about this till you pm'd me actually :eek:

Those wheels should look good i recon, quite euro looking!