ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Re: CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news

From reviews I have read in autocar they say it is much more good looking in the flesh.

Shame to see the same switchgear from the 182 era for the windows and electric mirrors.

I like look of it overall and cannot wait for a drive!

Citroen have managed it with the DS3.

The quality of the interior is very german.

Why shouldn't we expect it from Renault?

Also it will be £20k Roy, not too much to ask is abit of soft touch plastics ;)

Also it will be £20k Roy, not too much to ask is abit of soft touch plastics ;)

Meh. I'm sure all the surfaces you come into contact with when not in Clarkson mode will be just fine. If it was super high quality everywhere, it would no doubt be in Audi territory, and everyone would be complaining that it was £30k specced up. Every nut, bolt and washer is accounted for when making cars. Something has to give.

"just saying"

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

1.6 focus zetec s £20,300

Citroen ds3 racing £24,300

Vauxhall corsa VXR £18,910

Peugeot 208 ice velvet £18,495

Had a quick look at the market prices for some cars that get close rivals to the new RS. Ford don't offer much tbh. The only one with sat nav is the 208.

Safe to say the RS will be circa 20-22k at a guess. Makes sense. People forget it is 2013 not 2003...

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member

I think the main issue with the price is what standard equipment is. For example, Recaros are standard in the Corsa VXR, but no doubt the RS either a £1000 option or not at all.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

Rs will have sat nav though for example. Vxr doesn't. Plus consider the corsa is yet to be updated with a new style so will be cheaper at present

Turbo 182 Alfa 159

lol at people expecting fantastic build quality. I don't think you buy a Renault sport for its interior build quality.

lol at people expecting fantastic build quality. I don't think you buy a Renault sport for its interior build quality.

Why not though? It's 2012, not 2001.

Why shouldnt you expect a decent interior when most other manufactures are going down that route?

These aren't £12k cars anymore...

Turbo 182 Alfa 159

Why not though? It's 2012, not 2001.

Why shouldnt you expect a decent interior when most other manufactures are going down that route?

These aren't £12k cars anymore...

Because the cars are still cheap for what they are?

Granted the build quality is still going to be better than my 182 etc but if you want proper decent build quality then you buy VAG or other high end hot hatches.

Maybe start your own car manufacturing business? Cheap cars for life?

Seriously though. If you want an Audi interior then it's gonna be Audi money, which in the eyes of some, would make it even less value for money. I don't understand what some people want sometimes. Everything for nothing seems a common theme.

Margins on super high volume small cars are pretty small. Some people appear to want Audi quality but with bargain basement prices. Reality check is needed IMO. Manufacturers don't just pluck prices out of a hat. Rest assured that the Clio IV will be the best value it can be. They want to sell them.

CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news

They may well be a lot more expensive than they used to be, but so is everything else. I'd bet it'll be cheaper than most of its rivals.

My mum's 1.2 Mk3 Ph2 was something in the region of 12.5k which IIRC was brand new 182 cup money back in the day, but it's got sat nav, air con, auto lights/wipers, fake leather etc. It may well be less well screwed together than it's rivals from VW etc, but you try finding that spec for that money brand new from most things in the VAG group, you've no chance. You get what you pay for.

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

They may well be a lot more expensive than they used to be, but so is everything else. I'd bet it'll be cheaper than most of its rivals.

My mum's 1.2 Mk3 Ph2 was something in the region of 12.5k which IIRC was brand new 182 cup money back in the day, but it's got sat nav, air con, auto lights/wipers, fake leather etc. It may well be less well screwed together than it's rivals from VW etc, but you try finding that spec for that money brand new from most things in the VAG group, you've no chance. You get what you pay for.

it's funny to see that it always is the non owners of RS who are the worst critics on the RS LOL

And do you know really that you write ?
sorry but I'm not sure...

I had too several WV of whom a Golf II 90s and a Golf III GTI and really initially in the same category of car a VW already costs more expensive than an RS BUT in addition you have to add a lot of money to have the same options and at the end and a VW is much more expensive than an RS

More the current VW even "GTI" or "R" are not comparable with the RS
The RS are sport's cars & it are designed for sport and tracks especially, the VW are GT with sports trend and it's very different
For each driver to see what he wants ...

Turbo 182 Alfa 159

it's funny to see that it always is the non owners of RS who are the worst critics on the RS LOL

And do you know really that you write ?
sorry but I'm not sure...

I had too several WV of whom a Golf II 90s and a Golf III GTI and really initially in the same category of car a VW already costs more expensive than an RS BUT in addition you have to add a lot of money to have the same options and at the end and a VW is much more expensive than an RS

More the current VW even "GTI" or "R" are not comparable with the RS
The RS are sport's cars & it are designed for sport and tracks especially, the VW are GT with sports trend and it's very different
For each driver to see what he wants ...

I think you have missed his point.....

Who said wanting something for nothing?

I wouldn't mind paying abit more for a decent interior.

My priorities have changed, I want a nice place to sit more than something that can go round a local industrial estate at a million miles per hour.

Probably why I won't get another RS car...

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

Saw loads of these in a showroom in Paris last weekend.

Front is gash but the diamond doesn't seem to have the same massive impact it seems to have in the photos. Side is poor too just because it looks so damn big, if only they made a three door :( the back looks nice though.

The interior is proper swish. I don't like the standard steering wheel, shiny black seems like an odd choice but the dials and central control column are stunning. Massive improvement on any Renault I've ever been in.

I took some pictures but it's nothing you've not seen before. They had a a yellow one there too (not LY) but everyone was crowding round it so it was hard to get a decent photo of that one.

Got myself a little Twingo Renaultsport toy car ;) seeing as they had no Mk2 Clio's unfortunately.

The Toyota showroom was much better, had loads of absolutely mint 1970's cars in there, the original Celica GT is amazing.

107 Track Car & C4

My priorities have changed, I want a nice place to sit more than something that can go round a local industrial estate at a million miles per hour.

+1

My GF has just bought a brand new VW Polo, it's such a nice place to be when driving it. Even though it's only a 1.2 60bhp, I kind of prefer it over my 182. Most of my journey's are on 30mph roads, so I'll be going no quicker in a 60bhp car than a 180bhp car.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

but you're comparing a brand new car to a Mk2 clio which was around in phase 1 from the the mid 90's.......................... Hardly like for like

107 Track Car & C4

I'm not comparing as such, as they are both completely different cars. I was just stating that it is a nicer place to be day-to-day.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me

I think that black one on the road posted a few pages back looks good, ye bit of the seat Leon to it but I think that's a nice looking car.

I think this new clio same as the 197 and 200 will be a "grower" the more you see on the road the more you will like it. The front badge is a bit big but merc have gone this way and after seeing a few you get used to them and they look decent imo.

The RS department have been making great handling fun cars for years, so I'm sure this will follow suit

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

Presents for Christmas ^_^ some pics taken yesterday in the factory of Dieppe, not by me but by a member of a French forum

personnaly I prefer the white and the yellow, and you ?

big-dsc01349-3a9c43d.jpg

big-dsc01350-3a9c442.jpg

big-dsc01353-3a9c44a.jpg

big-dsc01355-3a9c45a.jpg

big-dsc01359-3a9c45f.jpg

big-dsc01360-3a9c46b.jpg

big-dsc01364-3a9c474.jpg

big-dsc01365-3a9c47a.jpg

big-dsc01372-3a9c480.jpg

big-dsc01373-3a9c488.jpg

big-dsc01374-3a9c493.jpg

And to finish one pic taken by a French magazine few days ago somewhere in France : 2 CLIO 4RS (one white and one yellow ^^) in test on real roads with a CLIO 3RS to see a comparison with the former version 3

3M6NToiY29sb3IiO3M6NToid2hpdGUiO30%3D-scoop-turbo-fr-la-renault-clio-4-rs-surprise-pres-de-paris.jpg

Last edited:

I'm surprised to say that I quite like the red on black wheels combo.

I think it needs a bigger diamond on the front though

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Love those, front end is reasonably aggressive looking for me!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

They do look great from the back, but that's where it ends. Agree the white and yellow ones look better tbh...

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

Looks very nice indeed!

Also think its my favourite colour on the MK4 aswell, still hoping they introduce a new colour or atleast offer one of the more unusual colours along the lines of storm grey/alien/petrol blue or even lunar

I think they changed flame red from the mk2 to the mk4, the new one is more ruby.

me too, a lairy colour would be ace