ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio III Electric Folding Mirrors

Clio III
Hi All,

My car already has electric mirrors, but I am pretty sure they are not folding.

1. Did any Clio III come with folding mirrors?

2. How can you tell if you have got them?

3. If I don't (which I am pretty sure I don't) then how hard would it be to fit some that do? Do I need a different switch / loom etc?

Thanks again!

Nissan 350z
1. Electrically folding door mirrors were optional extras on both the 197/200

2. Look at your mirror switch, is there a 4th position? i.e. left, centre, right and then at the bottom, fold. If the car doesn't have power fold then it will just be left, centre, right, with nothing at the bottom. They were never automatic, always required the switch to fold in/out.

3. Pass sorry.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
basically mate sounds like you got the wrong car.
yeah they did look at your mirror switch it will have a pic of a mirror at the bottom if they fold if they just have 3 dots at the top then no they dont fold.
door looms switch mirrors i think uch will need setting up but not sure. dash loom might be different.

Clio III
1. Electrically folding door mirrors were optional extras on both the 197/200

2. Look at your mirror switch, is there a 4th position? i.e. left, centre, right and then at the bottom, fold. If the car doesn't have power fold then it will just be left, centre, right, with nothing at the bottom. They were never automatic, always required the switch to fold in/out.

3. Pass sorry.

OK so I now know:

1. I can get some...

and

2. I don't have them lol

Clio III
basically mate sounds like you got the wrong car.
yeah they did look at your mirror switch it will have a pic of a mirror at the bottom if they fold if they just have 3 dots at the top then no they dont fold.
door looms switch mirrors i think uch will need setting up but not sure. dash loom might be different.

Haha yeah it does eh! :D Thing is I got it for an absolute bargain to be honest with full history, cam just changed etc etc. It is mechanically sound so thats the main thing :p

Seems I am going to have quite a wiring mission on my hands!

RB 182
They were also option extras on the SX and GT models... I wouldnt bother with a retro fit, seems like too much effort for something that isnt really needed...