ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio GT 1.6 (128 Bhp)

Black Clio GT
well mines been back to the dealers for its first problem done 4.5k, lol, god i love renaults.
apparently im getting dust/crap building up on the rear brakes as the french fcukers have done away with the plate that protects the rear discs/calipers. they have cleaned up the brakes and greased up with the copper stuff!!!
will see what the future holds, not looking good though, the mrs wants rid already she doesnt see it as renault charactor lol...........

Not a 320d
Your about the 100th person with this same problem. I take it that when you sit stationary in traffic and then move off again you can hear the breaks rubbing/squeaking.

Im letting my problems build up. The list gets bigger. Ill be getting rid of it in 2 years or so anyways i facny A Meggy 250 or a Honda DC5, Civic FN2 or S2000.

Not a 320d
Seriously cant make my mind up about this car. I get out of it sometimes and feel ive had a lot of fun in it and others, the car just pisses me off, feels sluggish and i hate its poor driving position, shite seats and stupid clutch.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Everyone loves my seats. I don't see what you find bad about them? Everyone seem's to ask me if I put them in there after I bought it :S. The Clutch is much easier than the new Corsa's! I'm 6ft 4 and thing the position is fine for me as well.

Black Clio GT
Your about the 100th person with this same problem. I take it that when you sit stationary in traffic and then move off again you can hear the breaks rubbing/squeaking.

Im letting my problems build up. The list gets bigger. Ill be getting rid of it in 2 years or so anyways i facny A Meggy 250 or a Honda DC5, Civic FN2 or S2000.

exactly the problem, more anoying little thinngs than worrying.
did think it was a rear bearing at first, regular jet washing should get rid of the build up, good excuse to keep the car clean topped up with polish tbh.....

Not a 320d
Yeah ive started cleaning mine and ive not had the problem, not cleaned it for about 2 weeks now and still no problem.

When i say the clutch is an annoyance, its so god damm SLOW, miles slower than my 1.2 mk2. The gearbox seems to have sorted itself out and loosened up but the clutch.......still s**t SLOW.

Jase the seats are just plain uncomfy, they dont recline far enough (neither did the MK2 Dynamique i had but this is worse) and they dont support your arse. I may buy a set of recaros.

Black Clio GT
i find the seats fine but could do with reach adustment on the steering wheel without paying £300 for it with one of those stupid card things, but i drive my company van 90% of the time so doesnt really bother me.......

R26
I like the seats, for me the support is excellent, but I'm also missing the reach adjustment. If I was ordering the car I would have paid for the card that includes the reach adjustment, but I was in a hurry and bought the car they had in the showroom.

The other thing is, the reach adjustment will only extend the wheel an inch more in it's max position (I've measured and compared this with the Clio 200 that had the reach adjustment). I'm looking to insert a spacer/hub, just can't find one that would fit a factory steering wheel. Tried to ask in this thread http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=465261, but no luck. I don't really want to go with after market wheel. Not only do I like the GT steering wheel (the same as in Clio RS), I don't want to loose the airbag either.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
e the seats are just plain uncomfy, they dont recline far enough (neither did the MK2 Dynamique i had but this is worse) and they dont support your arse. I may buy a set of recaros.

How gangster is your lean dammit? ;)

Black Clio GT
lol i was thinking the same, i personally like to sit up right like a fixed back bucket seat, but each to there own and all that..........

Jase the seats are just plain uncomfy, they dont recline far enough (neither did the MK2 Dynamique i had but this is worse) and they dont support your arse. I may buy a set of recaros.

The seats should recline all the way back untill the rear bench gets in the way....

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
28112009016beih.jpg

Need to do this.

Black Clio GT
dont think they list sportlines for our model but k-tec do the -30mm prolines for £150
or apex -35mm for £115.
i will be interested to see what the 15mm spacers look like as im looking at getting 20mm hubcentrics in jan........

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Closer to xmas I'm taking to a guy whos a family friend, he has made up suspensions for the Clio's before so thinks he can get a decent coilover set. Then wheels :)

BTW, my clutch pedal just started squeeking, so F*CKING annoying!!

(edit: lol at the new swear filter)

Not a 320d
dont think they list sportlines for our model but k-tec do the -30mm prolines for £150
or apex -35mm for £115.
i will be interested to see what the 15mm spacers look like as im looking at getting 20mm hubcentrics in jan........

Same, come jan ill be doing a few mods.

Black Clio GT
i really want to try mk2 -60mm springs but dont want to pay out £100 for them not to fit and have to mess around selling them on/sending them back.

my list for jan is...
lower 45mm on pi springs (more if i can find a cheap way other than forking out £600 plus on coilovers)
H&R 20mm hubcentric spacers x4
french pressed plates
silvervisions

then for the summer shows i may get
carbon bonnet
colour code wing mirrors/bullets
new wheels
viper/cda induction kit samco'd to current location of battery with caf
manifold back exhaust/200 cell sports cat
match/paint inlet
remap if available
relocate battery to boot
disc/pad/fluid upgrade
do some trackdays

Closer to xmas I'm taking to a guy whos a family friend, he has made up suspensions for the Clio's before so thinks he can get a decent coilover set. Then wheels :)

BTW, my clutch pedal just started squeeking, so F*CKING annoying!!

(edit: lol at the new swear filter)

I see no lolz

Not a 320d
i really want to try mk2 -60mm springs but dont want to pay out £100 for them not to fit and have to mess around selling them on/sending them back.

my list for jan is...

lower 45mm on H&R Springs
H&R 20mm hubcentric spacers x4
Clean White Plates
Spray and Laquer the Side Strips
Remap at RS Tuning in Leeeds
ITG pannel Filter
Remove Spare Wheel

then i may get

new wheels (Turinis lol)
manifold back exhaust/200 cell sports cat (if one exists)
do some trackdays

Already has silvervisions and a civic type R ariel on it.

Not a 320d
What the hell lol ? Apparantly mine is under the car, apparantly. lol.

Oh new problem....

My clutch pedal thinks its cool to make a creaking or tapping sound. God dammit i love renaults. 1,300 miles, ive not heard the brake problem for agers....until today !

Last edited:

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
What the hell lol ? Apparantly mine is under the car, apparantly. lol.

Oh new problem....

My clutch pedal thinks its cool to make a creaking or tapping sound. God dammit i love renaults. 1,300 miles, ive not heard the brake problem for agers....until today !

Mine makes a squeeky creak now! Taking it in tommorow for the various issues :D

Black Clio GT
my fan blower squeeks on level 1 and 2 now................ back to renault again, my rear brakes are still making noices when pulling off/doing 3 point turns too.

french piece of s**t........

Not a 320d
+1 ^^ why the f**k have i bought another clio ? for the 3rd time.

My blower seems to make a rattling noise at 4 but thats all.