ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio dodgy Engine Mounts?

Clio 1.4 16v Ph3 & ERST
Our 2004 1.4 16v Dynamique has an annoying problem. Gearchanges from first to second and, to a lesser extent, third to fourth are very difficult to make smooth.

Our Mk1 Clio had dodgy engine mounts, which, as it was a piece of crap, I just rammed some pieces silicone hose into the gaps in the mounts to make them more rigid.

Are later Clio's known for problems in this area? I do not really want to resort to such primative ways of improving the mounts on a nicer car!

It's either that or perhaps I am looking in the wrong area altogether and maybe it's a running problem?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
probably the lower gearbox mount, their crap.

i replaced mine with a 172 twisted style mount with uprated Powerflex polly bushes from K-Tec, its one of the best mods ive ever done, the gearstick doesnt jump about anymore when you come on and off the accelerator, infact its solid. moving slowly in traffic in first gear is so much easyer as it doesnt kangaroo anymore!!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Tbh the powerflex bushes are probably overkill, I put the 172 dogbone mount on my megane coupe with the same engine, massive difference, fixed a known weakspot

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i ran the 172 mount with standard bushes for a while and it was much better than the fucked mount but still moved a bit

if your willing to put up with the extra vibration then its deffo worth it for the bushes

See My Clio? Tell Me
ive got a 1.4 16v too and ive just had to have all my engine mounts changed the engine mount was about 65 -70 that had sheared striagh throught there was quite alot of movement on the gearbox mount so replaced that there about 23 quid and decide may as well get stabilizer aswell only 11 quid all where from renault