ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio DCI questions

Nissan 200sx
Just recently bought myself a DCI so i can sell my 172 cup (shameless plug;)) and get another project car started.

Couple issues i noticed with the clio on the drive home, There seems to be alot of gear stick movement when i am on/off the throttle, i take it an engine mount is gone, do the DCI's have the same engine mounts as the rest of the clio line up ?

There is a smell of diesel fumes when warming up under the bonnet, the exhaust system is in perfect condition and no leaks there, where else could it be coming from ?

Do these cars take a while to heat up compared to the petrol models, this one seems to take alot longer than my 172 Cup.

I will be on the look out for a RS kit to make it look a bit sportier

clio mk2 phase 1
My Clio used to have the same gearstick movement problem, normally the bottom gearbox mount. Not to sure if its exactly the same as the other models :s
And Most diesels do take longer to warm up than petrol so its probably normal to take longer than your cup.

You could try checking for carbon build up around the injectors, this would be them starting to leak a little and could cause the diesel smell.

Nissan 200sx
Its not diesel fumes its the exhaust fumes, I can see a small puff from around the turbo area when cold, I stripped out the EGR valve to see if it was that,

So the twisted dog bone mount with fit the dci ?