ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio dci 100bhp

Hi,

Anyone got one of these thinking of getting one soon do they really do 65mpg? Seems to good to be true considering the performance figures are warm hatch territory.

Do they handle well? Where can I get the best deal for a new one?

Many Thanks

Matt

H22A7 Accord Type R

i was looking into one of these b4 i bought my new car. Drove one, but it was brand new and very tight. I bet they will pull very well once ran in! 140 odd lb/ft of torque i believe! Lowered a bit and they will handle very tidy! as for the MPG, ye u cant beat it for kicking around, and im sure it will still be very high 30s at least when giving it some!

The only down side is, they are pretty new, so hard to get one for a good price, as i found out.

Rob. :)

Renault Laguna Coupe

Guy at our office has one. Commutes in around 60 miles every day - they really will do 65mpg on this sort of motoring. Can easily sort the handling with a set of Eibachs. Good car IMO.

I have a 65BHP and the babe will gimme 78mpg if I go easy on her, of course I only get 52 but I have never got it below 45mpg no matter how I drive.

I understand the 100 is far more efficient so I would say you will have no probs. Its almost def gonna be my next car.

I think the dci is a great little diesel engine but the 100 is overpriced at the mo. It is getting into the VRS fabia teritory for price which is a more competant high powered diesel

H22A7 Accord Type R

yea id agree that its price is its only downfall! performance wise, its the next one down from the 172/182 id say!

From what I remember from the Renault brouchure, the 100 develops the same peak torque as the 182 - but at a lot lower revs. Should make it drive reasonably quickly.

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

I was going to get one instead of the 1.4 16v, but its ALOT more expensive, and although it would be great on the motorway, I just feel it would lack the fun that you get in small engined petrol hatchbacks!?

"Navy" N17 TWO

dci 80 is the most efficient according to reno

ive got the 80 - only handling fault ive ever had in 7 8 months with it is a little skid on a backroad 1 night

long left turn at 55mph - nuff said

fuel - no probs - got 17s on (not lowered) and the mpg went up! :)

my parents drive 2yr old dci 65 - it good too - economical and still quik shifter.

i was thinking i should of went for the 100 bhp but then thought - nah! i like mine :D

Its between the skoda VRS and the reno clio dci 100 going to have a test drive in both this weekend and make my mind up. Got a feeling it will be the Clio and if I can get it for 10k with metallic paint and free insurance I will be well happy.

Then once I have done a few thousand miles a chip may be added to bring the power up a bit.

H22A7 Accord Type R

hmmmmmmmmm Vrs is a different league id say, 180bhp and 300lb/ft with a chip...........still aiming for one as my next car!

let us know how they compare. Rob.

golf

When i had a 65bhp DCi i never got 75 mpg!! You must have been doing 50mph on the motorway or something. On average got around 59mpg to £37 worth of diesel i got 575 miles which was bloody ace! Put an induction kit on it and youll here the turbo wistle!!! Bit loud though!!!

Peoples MPG on the dci seems to vary quite a bit. I get 55~60 and Im not easy so you could add 5~10 ontop of that if you drove more carefully.

Black Kro gets 75 out of his 80dci but he has bigger tyres which help keep the revs down.

"Navy" N17 TWO

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 23 September 2004

Peoples MPG on the dci seems to vary quite a bit. I get 55~60 and Im not easy so you could add 5~10 ontop of that if you drove more carefully.

Black Kro gets 75 out of his 80dci but he has bigger tyres which help keep the revs down.

mines a dci80 too. got 17s on but it isnt lowered like black kros is

im getting about 59-65mpg in general. these are just an idea of what i get:

68mpg at 60 mph

75 at 50mph

94mpg at 40mph

varies at 30mph (49 - 65)

i be doing a lot of town driving and still manage to get about 600 mile on £30 (full tank) of diesel

least efficient tank capacity so far was 530 miles. most was 660 miles

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3

they shud be very nippy - i have the dci 80, which i thot was good, now it has a tunning box and is much better :D

"Navy" N17 TWO

Quote: Originally posted by Boydie on 24 September 2004

they shud be very nippy - i have the dci 80, which i thot was good, now it has a tunning box and is much better :D

wat difference does ur tuning box make ?

when do u think tuning boxes and chips will start to come out for the dci 100? I have looked hard and cant seem to find anything out there. I was under the impression it has uprated turbo pistons and intercooler to the dci 85 so should be able to be tuned a fair bit 130-140bhp maybe?

If anyone has any info please let me know cheers peeps.

Quote: Originally posted by mjdymond on 25 September 2004

when do u think tuning boxes and chips will start to come out for the dci 100? I have looked hard and cant seem to find anything out there. I was under the impression it has uprated turbo pistons and intercooler to the dci 85 so should be able to be tuned a fair bit 130-140bhp maybe?
The 100 has better (read better piston for the heat) plus diffferent bearings plus uprated oil coler and oil jets. To make more hp though its just an uping of the boost (new turbo) for 1.25bar (overbust to 1.4 bar I think) boost plus bigger intercooler (I think) plus bigger injectors and pump (most likly). Also the engine has abetter box for the torque.

Assuming the boost isnt fiddled with then 125~130hp is possible with tunning boxes and maybe a few hp more with a remap but power delivery will be better.

Not heard of any tunning work on they yet there to expensive for people do much to them at the monentin my view. You could ring superchip they have cracked the ecu programming so will make you one and make it just for your car if youd agree to be the test subject as such most likly.

Stock 65 and 80hp tunning boxes probably will work bno problem so long as they dont push the fueling level to far.

How much torque you get is a bit of a juestion the stock car is limited to 200NM maybe so it doesnt beat the 182 or maybe cos the box cannot take loads more or maybe cos the engine cannot take any more.

Assuming thy limit torque as to let the 182 be just as good or to give a nice flat torque curve then you could get around 220lb torque. I have the turbo code somewhere but without having the maps and knowing what the engine and injectors can make it is usless.

Volvo S60 T5

Reno DCI engines are very efficient engines indeed, so you will get good MPGs out of them, plus they go pretty damn well for diesels:)