ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 Fuel light?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Just out of interest (and yes it has just come on) When the fuel light comes on in a 200 how many miles do you reckon it's got left in it!? it says range ------ so f-all in other words...

Any help would be appreciated because I'm a good 13 miles away from a petrol station lol.

Nissan 350z
40. Depends on your driving style but the trip computer tries to estimate when you have 40 miles left.

Such a horrible beep, especially if you don't know what it is.

I think it's been around 40 just before the trip computer goes to -- --

So would that mean 40 miles + a reserve amount, or is that too optimistic?!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Such a horrible beep, especially if you don't know what it is.

I think it's been around 40 just before the trip computer goes to -- --

So would that mean 40 miles + a reserve amount, or is that too optimistic?!

Well I was "supposed" to fill up last night.... Ending up putting my mrs's through & falling asleep, woke up this morning with no time. My work is a 28 mile round trip..... Fuel light came on half way there this morning lol. Range was reading -- -- about a mile after that :/

Well I was "supposed" to fill up last night.... Ending up putting my mrs's through & falling asleep, woke up this morning with no time. My work is a 28 mile round trip..... Fuel light came on half way there this morning lol. Range was reading -- -- about a mile after that :/

28 Miles *should* be ok depending how you drive, but if you take into account going to a fuel station after as well you may be at a push depending how far it is!

Flame 172 (Ph2)
I know you're talking Clio III here, but if its any use:

I've been watching mine like a hawk in my 172 Phase 2 and when the trip hits 30 miles remaining, its replaced with - - - - and the fuel light comes on. No beep mind you!

General rule of thumb with any car is approx 30 miles from the point the light is on though.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
i always assume 30 miles after the screen reads ----

the first time i heard the beep i shat bricks. then forgot i needed petrol and shat myself when i got back in the car. just dont let the light come on lol!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
You'll get quite a distance but wouldn't like to try it. Even once the tank is theoretically empty you'll still have a bit left in the lines/pump etc.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
i always assume 30 miles after the screen reads ----

the first time i heard the beep i shat bricks. then forgot i needed petrol and shat myself when i got back in the car. just dont let the light come on lol!

Ah mate I never usually let it run so low to be honest, but porked the mrs's last night & ended up falling asleep. Woke up this morning already running late. Bad news.

Clio RS200 FF
My ST Focus had 50 miles when the fuel light came on. I once ran it to zero and kept driving (as I knew there was a lot of petrol stAtions around so I wouldn't be stuck too long) and got 62 miles before I got to scared and got petrol. Still only managed 53.5 litres into a 55 litre tank though and I filmed it until I literally couldn't get a drop more into it.

When I filled to 200 the other night there was 42 miles left in the tank apparently. It took 48.8 litres and again it's a 55 litre tank according to the user manual so I still had 6.2 litres left, enough for 40-45 miles I recon.

Megane 275 trophy006
I managed 35 miles after my light came on (197) I was bricking it but it just about made it. Wouldn't want to have pushed it any further.
Id assume the 200s were around the same/ever so slightly more as they have the refined gearbox mine hasn't got.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Well I made it lads, not going to lie it was surging a lot pulling in to the station! That's no dramatisation either it started missing as well lol. Qualifying load anyone!