ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 1999 rn 5 door project

clio 1999 rn 5 door
hi guys and girls ! This is going to be my build thread and will be on going for a while.

clio 1999 rn 5 door
So here is the project :) a nice low millage clio first thing i did was spray the hub caps as i was bored one after noon when i got it!

IMG_0550.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  clio 1999 rn 5 door
Haha it a standard car but kept really clean I will put more pics up later of it lowered! And it's photoshoot tonight :)

clio 1999 rn 5 door
What wheels would u guys recommend for this car ats cups or bande steelies ? And what colours possibly goin for lime green or orange :)

Monaco 172
banded steelies FTW :p green would be nice to see, aslong as it is sprayed well :) then you can go with the green theme throughout :)

clio 1999 rn 5 door
Yer well it depends on wheels ! People I talked to at the cruise cringed at the word banded steelies :p but auto orange is really nice lol !

1.2 y0!
gone on a crrrrrrruiiiise and asked opinions on my clioo init ;) dont trust anyone that cruises it'll end up in tears

1.2 y0!
Banded Steels will be good, cant fault something different, do lime green centres and orange dishes :rasp:

clio 1999 rn 5 door
Haha was thinking colour coded dishes then coloured centres . Will take his opinion on board as he got in the top 25 of the French show this year haha !

clio 1999 rn 5 door
next job was to get the coilovers and take it to a mate round the corner to get them fitted :) the coilovers i have are TA technix which where very cheap and can be dropped to 120mm as the clio starts off high i will need the lot XD and as you can see the front still has a very long way to go down.

IMG_0711.jpg

clio 1999 rn 5 door
so here the car was after the first adjustment but need to let the coils get used to it then later this week i had i put down some more. ( more of those pics to follow )

IMG_0609.jpg

clio 1999 rn 5 door
heres a good shot of the rear and this is sitting how i like it but could go lower and has :p but the front still need to go down :)

IMG_0602.jpg

billabong...
Yeah you might as well wind them right down looks like mine ATM and mines only lowered by about 60mm

At least you're doing it in the right order, getting sitting at the right height and everything else will follow. Wind it down a LOT more though.

clio 1999 rn 5 door
im going to get it stanced first as that the main thing then body work to follow afterwards :) and my mate going to get them really down and in the arches front and rear :)

clio 1999 rn 5 door
next part of the project was to get rid of the cassette player head unit !! as it was s**t!!!!! so i decided to buy a phillips ipod head unit and alpine speakers which are quality. And as i had some free stickers from fc magazine i thought i would sticker bomb the surround :)

IMG_0605.jpg

145db Euro'd clio
looking good mate! not sure on the sticker bombing though!

Banded steels are probably the best option! with loads of stretch. but make sure you band them to atleast 8.5j on the rear anything less is pointless imo!
Then smooth the bumpers! got a smooth ph1 rear bumper if you want?

clio 1999 rn 5 door
cool i just inboxed ya the centre might go in the near future lol it was a board afternoon haha !

Jap Box
Looks like some good progress so far :) get a dynamique spoiler for it, banded steels sound like a great idea too!

Sticker bombing on the heater panel is abit iffy, but around the stereo it looks good enough :)

clio 1999 rn 5 door
Yer I'm thinking about it but seeing what some one can ge hold of wheel wise :) the heater stickers are going it was just boredom aha!

Monaco 172
Quite like the stickerbombing idea tbh :p always a fan of something different :) will look forward to further progress on this car :p

clio 1999 rn 5 door
It still on stilts going to run this stupid low I want a little scrap ;p but if it ain't practical air may be needed but I dnt want tht route XD getting seriously deep wheels I hope then it will sit right then oto the body work /interior

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Quite like the stickerbombing idea tbh :p always a fan of something different :) will look forward to further progress on this car :p

How is stickerbombing something different? 2 years a go maybe, but now it's common as muck. It's always the non sport owners that do it too!

Monaco 172
its not that common nowadays? as you say, two years ago maybe, but seems to have died down a bit recently

clio 1999 rn 5 door
well it was originally done as a temporary measure to brighten up the interior. Also look at how many feature cars have sticker bomb a few do so it cnt be naff can it ?? and considering he got back to back features and it has sticker bombed parts it cnt really be naff !!! but every ones is allowed there opinions but my car is going to be my car so it will have my own adaption of styles and it will be original :)

clio 1999 rn 5 door
just a quick update for you all! i have taken a risk in buying very wide banded steelies today lets hope they fit and look awesome!

clio 1999 rn 5 door
next thing to do was to remove the wiper of the rear window. Before any of you tackle it if you have not already done it, it is a hard job !! first thing i did was to take the black plastic cover off the inside of the boot
next i unscrewed the motor for the wiper blade and disconnected the motors power cable
then soaked where the wiper is attached with wd40 overnight (use alot )
in the morning use some elbow grease and pullll !!! and off it came and then removed the wiper motor and finished off by using a 13mm blanking grommet to cover the whole where the wiper was

IMG_0616.jpg

clio 1999 rn 5 door
IMG_0615.jpg

i got these stickers from this guy on ebay and he got them to me in 24 hrs!!!

<david@motogrip.co.uk>