ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 1999 rn 5 door project

clio 1999 rn 5 door
Not bad time considering budget! Work ect got my new wheels and will upload pics tomorrow. Then next week the car getting put down more lol

clio 1999 rn 5 door
here are my new euro wheels which are 8j and 7j! these are Borbet t's and have 195/45/r14 tyres on them

IMG_0638.jpg

clio 1999 rn 5 door
any suggestions what i should do with the wheels would be a great help! i was thinking of having a really polished lip but not sure if i should colour the centres ???

clio mk2 phase 1
I Like it :) same as mine.

I think the spoilers that overhangs the rear window a little would make the back end look so much better

clio 1999 rn 5 door
Thank you ! If I get bored of them u could buy them lol but I'm getting the lips smoothed an polished close to mirror and colour centres but no idea what colour though lol

Monaco 172
was joking mate, just the colour of my car ;) hehehe i'd say black with silver sparkles would look good, but not to everyones taste :p

clio 1999 rn 5 door
haha !! me mate put it on his to cover a dent so he says lol ! we both going to have very different clios

clio 1999 rn 5 door
IMG_0653.jpg

after the wheels had been done and the night before trax 2011 , had it dropped even more and still got the helpers in on the front. and the rears im just running springs

clio 1999 rn 5 door
the reason for the cable tie is because a badger thought it would be a good idea to get in the way of the car thank fully it was dead but defo made sure of it XD

clio 1999 rn 5 door
IMG_0881.jpg

now to the wheels :) with these i needed the curbing taken out so a friend of mine put them on a lathe to sort out the marks then we sat down for a while discussing colour choices ! and i said to him i wanted something unique to make these wheels stand out ! so we came up with the colour u see but it hard to see in the pictures as the paint goes different colours depending on the light! as you can see he used a few flakes to get this effect which i love, from a distance the wheels look black but when you look at them closely it hard to see any black but again depending on light. At trax they got a lot of attention even though it was raining but at the end of the day i went to meet my mate at the show and shine and the people over there loved them so im glad it has taken this long to get to the right colour.... enjoy the next few pix

Attachments

• IMG_0881.jpg
    IMG_0881.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 20
  clio 1999 rn 5 door
one thing i can say to people on here about wheels and picking the colour is take your time and think about it! and mock up some ideas on photoshop before diving in as it is expensive and if any of u are local to suffolk Norfolk area and want a refurb inbox me and i will pass u on a number as it dnt cost me alot at all

clio 1999 rn 5 door
IMG_0658.jpg

a good picture to demonstrate the multi colour effect with the flakes. like the blues greens yellow red and so on

Attachments

• IMG_0658.jpg
    IMG_0658.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 24
  clio 1999 rn 5 door
and some new things i have just got for the car is a JL audio sub( 12inch) and amp (500w) but plans to get a second sub and door speakers. The plans for tht is a false floor in the boot and have a stealth system but i have no idea how to start building it so any help links ect would be good and also after a leather interior for the car to cash waiting in a few weeks :p

definitely getting there! needs projectors in the front the lights are minging as they are.

colour cose, sort the rusty hubs out and it'll be sweet as that, great progress...