ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLio 182 Whistling under acceleration - not wind noise

Ford Racing Puma
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forums as only just bought my clio 182. I was wondering whether anyone could help. I'd noticed a 'whistling' (quite loud) when accelerating in the clio. With the windows down you can hear it too, so assumed could may been the sports filter. I replaced this with a Powertec induction kit but the whistle still exists...

Def not wingmirrors and ONLY happens when acceleration (not only on full bore). When at speed without any throttle is goes...

Any ideas??

Thanks!

How new is it ?
Could also be that you've got a cracked catalyser casing ( very common on this car unfortunately, mine got a crack at 2K ). Or the coupling to the intermediate pipe is loose. Have a look at your cat ( you can see it without raising the car ) to check if it is horizontal.

Last edited:
  Ford Racing Puma
olin said:
How new is it ?
Could also be that you've got a cracked catalyser casing ( very common on this car unfortunately, mine got a crack at 2K ). Or the coupling to the intermediate pipe is loose. Have a look at your cat ( you can see it without raising the car ) to check if it is horizontal.

It is a 30/03/04 car...

Was driving last night and sounds like it is coming from the gear lever / box area... Mate reckons a small hole in the exhaust?

Ford Racing Puma
Right .. had it on a ramp and.. .... .....

It was the cat blowing as the gasket before it had obviously gone !!

All sorted !!