ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 whistling noise on acceleration

Renault Clio 182 Trophy
Hi All,

I've just bought a 55 plate Clio 182 Trophy and I'm really happy with it!

I'm just wondering if there is something wrong with it, as I get a whistling/tinkling noise when I'm accelerating from around 300rpm all the way to the red line. I get the same noise in any gear. The noise sounds like it is coming from the back of the engine or just in front of the passenger footwell.

This is the only Clio I've ever driven so I've got nothing to compare it to!? Car is totally standard with 30,000 and the exhaust, air filter etc look in good condition and all fitted correctly.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Try the gasket between the manifold and the CAT, i had the same problem and its very common

Renault Clio 182 Trophy
Cheers for the quick reply! Is this a job that is easy to do or does it need a garage to do it?

Reason I ask is because I've just read the warranty and it doesn't include the exhaust system!

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
i wasnt sure what the problem was in the 1st place so i took it to birchdown in cheshire and they did it. They said it needed a new gasket but didnt have one instock so just sealed it - its been fine since tho! As long as you can get under the car you can probably do it yourself its quicker to nip in to an exhaust centre