ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 problems ;(

BG 182 FF
my 182 kept going into limp mode/not idling so would cut out randomly i got told to replace the throttle pedal and the throttle pedal so i did, and the problem still came up so decided to bite the bullet and take it to renault to be put on the diagnostics and they have just rang and told me its the throttle body!! :mad: and a new one is £450 when i replaced it? so i have no idea what to do now any suggestions? thanks in advance

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Ask them why they say it's the TB and what tests they have done to prove it?

BG 182 FF
c8381c34d1.jpg just got home this is what they gave me, cost me £85 f**king rip off never going to renault again

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
So they've got a DF254 out of '120 but no sub-code and are condemning the throttle body? Damn, I wish diagnostics was genuinely that easy!

Just gonna leave another one here: That is 100% a wiring fault

BG 182 FF
they said "we've checked the wiring from the throttle and it looks fine" when i said did you look at the wiring

BG 182 FF
but obviously they're retarded and dan i don't think it would make it to you its horrible to drive constantly feel i have no throttle and its on or off by itself where ion somerset are you? and thanks for the input btw

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Oh well that's my argument blown out of the water then... they were so Scientific in their approach weren't they hehehe

Honestly, seek a second opinion or get it in writing that if a new TB doesn't fix the issue that you won't be paying for it!

Mick

but obviously they're retarded and dan i don't think it would make it to you its horrible to drive constantly feel i have no throttle and its on or off by itself where ion somerset are you? and thanks for the input btw

I'm based in Glastonbury, you're best option is to get it recovered up here. If you have full cover with the aa/RAC You have the option to take it to a garage of your choice.