ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Headlights - Advice Required MOT Failure

ClioSport 182
Hi guys,

My 182 went in for its MOT on Friday 29th November. It failed on 12 counts:dapprove:, but the garage have resolved 10 of them.

The reason I still don't have it back is because the garage are claiming my headlights are faulty. They have told me that the unit that holds both the lights within the full headlight is to wobbly for them to adjust the headlight beam to an MOT acceptable standard. So I got quoted on some new headlights and you can imagine the cost for xenons! So I then turned to a Clio Sport Breaker based in Stoke, the gentleman sent me 2 reconditioned headlights which arrived this morning. The mechanic has then told me that these are worse than the previous ones and they won't adjust properly. I feel that I am being totally ripped off as it is. He showed me the comparison and movement within the headlight unit and it does wobble, is this normal? Should it move or be solid within the unit? Is it possible to adjust these to an MOT acceptable standard?

He has now offered to open the headlights and secure them so it will pass the MOT but for a ridiculous cost.

Can you guys in the know please advise what I should do? Any help/solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Where you based??

Id personally bung bung some non xenon units in as they will plug straight in, get it through its mot, then sort the xenons

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Never get headlights sent in the post. 99.9% of the time they'll break.

They are very easy to break so I can fully understand your MOT guy saying they're fubar'd.

ClioSport 182
Im based in Edinburgh.

The delivered ones work fine but they are just a bit wobbly like the original set. Could this have happened in transit? I will have a look at the white clips when I go to see them tomorrow as they are in the garage.

Thanks for the responses

Inferno 182
One of mine on mot was beaming into the sky. My mate said there is a clip behind the bumper that can break easy. Whipped the bumper off and repaired the clip. Pattern set perfect and MOT passed. Have you had the bumper off to fit them properly. If not guess they are not clipped right.

Clio 182 Titanium
One of mine is the same, unit inside wobbles about. Just bodged it roughly in place for freindly m.o.t man, must have a closer look at some point. So the adjusted ends are plastic bearings, hmm..

FRS
My dipped headlight bulbs had the same problem, one was pointing to the sky the other was sitting half in the hole it goes through, mainly because it seems theres nothing to thread them into? And there is no clip that goes over mine like the full beam bulbs?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I have a spare set sitting in the garage and I'm based in Edinburgh also.

Mines are standard right out my trophy as i upgraded to xenons.