ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 flat especially after 5k

LY 182 & 200
I have recently had a k-tec ultra cat back exhaust fitted to my 182. The engine was fine for the first 400 miles miles but since this I have had flat spots through my rev range. They are not consistent and change daily. The last couple of days the car revs very slowly and doesn't pull hard above 5k as it used too, no more '5k kick' :( . my flat spot used to be 4 - 5k but now it feels fine in those revs now.

I've looked on the forum and haven't found another problem similar to mine just by fitting a cat back exhaust. Any ideas?

LY 182 & 200
Put a standard cat back on and see what happens.

I have got the standard cat on it. But haven't got the standard exhaust to try. I dont feel its the exhaust doing it tho. Loads of people have changed there exhaust with no problems, but ill give anything a go to try and sort it.

LY 182 & 200
Exhaust blowing from a join possibly?

I had the exhaust refitted to make sure and its not blowing. Checked all the joins, manifold, cat and rear section.

Do the cats break up inside at all? Any distinct noises if they do?