ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 conversion to Clio V6

FF Clio 182
As the thread title suggests, just curious if anyone has converted or attempted to convert a standard Clio 182 into a Clio V6. Im thinking purely on the appearance side, body kits that thought of thing, so to make a standard Clio 182 look like a V6. I could be wrong but have heard a lot of the parts off a V6 will fit on a Clio 182 i.e brake callipers, suspension that thought of stuff. If anyone has more information to share it would be much appreciated. Thanks

RenaultSport 182FF
No mate, OEM Body parts won't fit, it's a completely different floor plan and chassis if I remember correctly!

Just a waste of money as i learn't with my 1.2 :D

If you must have a body kit you would be best of going for a 1600 Super look :)

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
000ff.jpg

Obviously not a 182 but you get the picture.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure mate I just typed Clio V6 replica into Google. There's plenty that have tried to do it, but a lot of them look shocking and totally obvious it's a fake.

S4 Avant
No mate, OEM Body parts won't fit, it's a completely different floor plan and chassis if I remember correctly!

Just a waste of money as i learn't with my 1.2 :D

If you must have a body kit you would be best of going for a 1600 Super look :)

It's actually the exact same chassis as a 1.2, just with all the rear quarter panels hacked off. You can even see where they cut away the body panels if you look under the V6 body kit.

In regards to turning a 182 into a V6, completely possible if you have all the V6 running gear, engine, pipework, drive train, interior, wheels etc...

Easiest way to do it all, would be to buy a V6, and swap all the bits over to your 182.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
It's actually the exact same chassis as a 1.2, just with all the rear quarter panels hacked off. You can even see where they cut away the body panels if you look under the V6 body kit.

In regards to turning a 182 into a V6, completely possible if you have all the V6 running gear, engine, pipework, drive train, interior, wheels etc...

Easiest way to do it all, would be to buy a V6, and swap all the bits over to your 182.

to then have the same car....

RenaultSport 182FF

Could have sworn the wheel base was different.... obviously not :)

A phase 1 though dave? otherwise what would be the point ;)

FF Clio 182

Oh right thanks and as far as buying a Clio V6 and swapping all the parts to a 182 doesn't that defeat the point? I suppose you could but a crashed V6 and do it. Still a lot of work

RenaultSport 182FF
Oh right thanks and as far as buying a Clio V6 and swapping all the parts to a 182 doesn't that defeat the point? I suppose you could but a crashed V6 and do it. Still a lot of work

Ahahaha FLOL!!!! ohh dear Carl ;)

But where else are you going to get the parts from :S I would imagine Renault would provide the parts but enough for you to take out a mortgage?

Its that or buy a vee ;) There wont be any spare parts... vee's don't ever get broken for spares, if they are a cat write off's it's because they have melted.

FF Clio 182
I was just curious to as if could be done! I have no intention of doing it! I see what you mean about the wheel spacers, my bad :)

FF Clio 182
we are trying to ask why would anyone......to get the same car? i'm baffled

To be honest I have no idea where that come from! I must have misread a post I was under the impression somebody said something about swapping parts over from a V6 :)

FF Clio 182

I did read it correctly, This is why I questioned it. His las statement was to swap all the bits over so I said doesn't that defeat the point ! See I wasn't imagining things :)

FF Clio 182
Like I said from the start I don't plan in doing it, I was just curious as to if I can or has been done to an acceptable level.

FF Clio 182
It can, Renault actually sell it as a production car, its called the Renaultsport clio v6 ;)

I was hoping there was a way of could save about £10,000 and bodge on together but after the pictures I seen its probably good advice to just buy one :) thanks VPower