ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 conversion to Clio V6

1Berg2
Be interesting to see if it was possible to put a V6 lump into the front of a 1*2.

Pointless, as you could just pop a turbo'd lump in for less and achieve better results.

Interesting though, nevertheless.

FF Clio 182
Be interesting to see if it was possible to put a V6 lump into the front of a 1*2.

Pointless, as you could just pop a turbo'd lump in for less and achieve better results.

Interesting though, nevertheless.

I like you thinking! How about dropping a V6 lump in 182 then supercharging it! Power to weight ratio would be unreal!

1Berg2
I like you thinking! How about dropping a V6 lump in 182 then supercharging it! Power to weight ratio would be unreal!

Even with a standard 3.0 v6 lump running 255, you'd still have a better power to weight ratio than a clio v6.

If the flywheel was the same size it really wouldn't be that much of a challenge.

FF Clio 182
Even with a standard 3.0 v6 lump running 255, you'd still have a better power to weight ratio than a clio v6.

If the flywheel was the same size it really wouldn't be that much of a challenge.

Start taking donation and then do it as a project! Or post it in projects, some rich idiot would do it!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Better engines to use than that, the v6 is pretty heavy and not on a strong gearbox etc.

Big power to weight is fun for a bit but the novelty wears off if it doesnt drive as well.

My mid engined rwd turbo nova has over 400bhp per tonne, but I bet you could do a quicker laptime of most tracks in my clio turbo with under 300bhp per tonne.

SG9 Forester STi
I know people moan at me saying what I did was pointless but doing a 182 - v6 conversion really is pointless. You lose all the uniqueness of having an awesome variant.

1Berg2
Start taking donation and then do it as a project! Or post it in projects, some rich idiot would do it!

I've found (not that I intend to purchase or indeed carry this out) a Renault V6 with 66k for under £300.

It would be pretty cool to shoehorn a significantly more powerful Renault lump into a Clio, keeping things reasonably OEM. I'm guessing a Megane 225 has been done before?

Chip - that's an interesting and very informative point.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It would be pretty cool to shoehorn a significantly more powerful Renault lump into a Clio, keeping things reasonably OEM. I'm guessing a Megane 225 has been done before?

Why not just turbo the 172 lump? Fairly cheap and easy to do and works really well.

Vee

Mk2 V6 #007
However the wheel spacing on the rear of this is stupid and I would never dare drive it. Also can't imagine it to be cheap!

As mentioned I think the width of the V6 is the biggest issue for fowk trying a conversion. The majority of conversions fall down when you look at the wheels, the rears are usually the giveaway. Wouldn't like to think what size of spacers are on that yellow kitted one. Looks good though, just a shame he's got all that crap on the roof to make it look "cool"

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'd really like to.

I have neither the understanding nor the skill to do so, though!

Then you dont have the understanding or skill to get the 225 lump running in there either I would imagine mate, its not any easier!

What can the gearboxes handle before that s**t themselves?

I dont personally think they can handle standard power if driven hard, but with a bit of mechanical sympathy my turbo did 10K miles at 250-300bhp (started less and I increased it) on a box that wasnt just a 90K miles box that hadnt been rebuilt or anything.
I got it rebuilt a couple weeks ago as it was out anyway and I wanted to fit a quaiffe, but its not really upto the job still sadly, its just the only option I have that is an easy fit and im not interested in making that car a big project, I have the mk1 and my nova for that.

1Berg2
Then you dont have the understanding or skill to get the 225 lump running in there either I would imagine mate, its not any easier!

LOL, true!

It's not something I was seriously considering doing tbh, but maybe one day.

[/QUOTE] I dont personally think they can handle standard power if driven hard, but with a bit of mechanical sympathy my turbo did 10K miles at 250-300bhp (started less and I increased it) on a box that wasnt just a 90K miles box that hadnt been rebuilt or anything.
I got it rebuilt a couple weeks ago as it was out anyway and I wanted to fit a quaiffe, but its not really upto the job still sadly, its just the only option I have that is an easy fit and im not interested in making that car a big project, I have the mk1 and my nova for that.[/QUOTE]

That's impressive, you must have some mad skills! Especially to build that 400 odd bhp Nova of yours.

Would a DCI box be any more manly, as I'm guessing they have a reasonable torque figure?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
That's impressive, you must have some mad skills! Especially to build that 400 odd bhp Nova of yours.

Not mad skills, just mad mate, lol

Would a DCI box be any more manly, as I'm guessing they have a reasonable torque figure?

I dont think the DCI version of the JC5 is in anyway stronger, its just taller geared.

LY Clio V6
Just couldn't stop laughing at this thread, the whole subject and some of the comments would be so easy to pick at but I thought I'd just have my input into couple:

Other aspects have already been covered but I'll focus on supercharging the vee's engine. It's very costly and very unreliable to perform such a upgrade on the Renault 3L lump, it's been done yes but various issues occurred and resulted in more time spent in the garage with a bill increasing. The principle of being able to supercharge one engine doesn't mean it's the same for another ie a Mini isn't as easy as the Clio V6

Many topics and routes have been taken, search the project section in the clio v6 forum you'll see the failures and issues I mentioned above.

Didn't think the sunroof was a optional extra and where is the fuel cap?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
This, with a vee front bumper would be epic

salon480.jpg