ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 vs 997 GT3, Nurburgring

172 ph1
Tried out some better tires... was a fun chase as the 2 car/driver combinations were so different

[YOUTUBE]bVYKM8R7zG4[/YOUTUBE]

172 ph1
good video, well driven in the clio.

thanks for sharing :)
Nice chase up to the Porsche mate. Good video :)
enjoyed watching this :) nice driving.
Ballz deep all the way round Awesome vid

Nice driving mate, enjoyed it. what mods on the car?
- Pilot Sport Cup tires - was my first trip on them, still working my way towards their limit as they don't give as much audible warning as the RE01-R that I used to have (but seem have a lot more grip once warm)
- KW V2 suspension - after having done sufficient number of laps I'd say it's too comfort biased to be optimal for the 'Ring, but it's a great compromise between road and track.
- Redstuff brake pads
- Supersprint exhaust

172 ph1
Brake ducts, will get to find out how effective they are next trip. The air is directed at the entire hub assembly so should cool the bearings as well:

05072010192.jpg

06072010193.jpg

06072010194.jpg

Exchanged passenger laps with this French guy, even the regular Megane R26 was an awesome car

IMG_3430.jpg

IMG_3561.jpg

Still waving all over the place :eek:

pic040720100036_1.jpg

A really cool quad I saw in the parking

04072010188.jpg

04072010189.jpg

04072010190.jpg

04072010191.jpg

JB

RB 182 Cup
Cool vid! How many times have you been?

Where abouts in Belgium do you live? My sister lives with her husband in Brussels and I might go out to visit them sometime this year but instead of taking the train, I'll drive down and then I can do a few laps of the Ring on my way back home. :)

172 ph1
i thought your's was silver buddy??
The aluminium bonnet is still from that silver Clio, the rest is a slightly newer car. Silver one had 260000kms on it, AC didn't work and the steering rack was quite worn.

I had a small off last winter in the silver car - only minor damage but was not worth repairing

172 ph1
Cool vid! How many times have you been?

Where abouts in Belgium do you live? My sister lives with her husband in Brussels and I might go out to visit them sometime this year but instead of taking the train, I'll drive down and then I can do a few laps of the Ring on my way back home. :)
I've done around 210 laps now, been going the past 3 years.

I'm in Brussels! :D

Send me a PM when you come over, if I'm able to I'll go with you.

172 ph1
Still hoping to run into Touristenfahrer again so I can ask for a ride in his 200 Cup :D

I know there's him and a white 200 Cup who are quite a bit faster than me

172 ph1
Thanks everyone :)

Comparing my video to touristenfahrer's, it seems the main difference are the faster corners where he is quite a bit faster

Trophy #240/R33 GTST
Nice vid shyian! Hoping to come over again this summer so may catch u again! :)

172 ph1
Nice vid shyian! Hoping to come over again this summer so may catch u again! :)
Hope so, I'll be there a few more times in the weekends :D

in other news:

corner weights with me in the car in kg, seems better than the last Clio, from memory :)

FL 365.5 FR 360.0
RL 206.0 RR 201.5

Total 1133.0
50.44% on the left side
35.97% on the rear