ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Recessed exhaust

Hi everybody :D ,
I recently bought this product on the site K tec racing, and I realized that it missed a fastener of silent block at the middle exhaust. I want to know if other people had bought the same product and if they had this concern or not. Here the photograph of the site with the part in question and mine:
ktr1.jpg

ktr2.jpg

I will be interested to have photographs once the made assembly. You can send them here Darkeffekt@aol.com
Thank you very much and good year :eek:

Last edited:
I'm a darkeffekt's friend and the problem (if you don't understand it yet) that in the commercial picture you can see an Exaust Hanger wich is used for the suspension of the "middle exhaust" compared to the car(excuse me I don't know the name in english for this kind of part but I think that you understand what I mean). But apparently for his exhaust that K Tech sent this week this hangs lack on the inox tube but you can see that the middle exhaust is longer than on the commercial pic.

Maybee is there an update? Someone has got the same probleme?

VW ....
think what he's saying is the top pic is K-tec's pic ,the bottom one of the exhaust he has recieved & that the hanger isn't on the one he got ... is it needed .

I sent an email to K tec. Their answer well will be seen. For the moment they are on holiday of christmas :mad: So always nobody who with this exhaust?

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Can you weld? Your local exhaust fitting garage should be able to use the hanger off your current exhaust and weld it to this one if it is an emergency.

It is a possiblity. I find that the silencer of the medium is not the same one. Do you think that they have could be mistaken in model?

182 + 5 GT Turbo
If i can offer my opinion that doesnt look like a stealth 172 system anyway. The back box pipe doesnt angle downwards, it straight!! Maybe its an earlier clio model like a 1.8 16v?

Ive just got a stealth from k-tec and the silencer has the hanger on it by the way.

Speak to k-tec, their customer service is excellent.

News!

I contacted ktec to talk about my problem.
Their service after sale is excellent and the repons to my consern is, they forgot to provide me the hanger :mad: . Is not welded to the pipe anymore. It is a seperate. I awaits the part in question and assembly soon :approve:

VW ....
If i can offer my opinion that doesnt look like a stealth 172 system anyway. The back box pipe doesnt angle downwards, it straight!! Maybe its an earlier clio model like a 1.8 16v?

Ive just got a stealth from k-tec and the silencer has the hanger on it by the way.

:S .... he wasn't after a stealth exhaust

Glad you have it sorted fella

It is a model made for the clio 172 ;)

Turbos.
Dude, your car looks amazing. You had Recaros before the Trophy even existed? Good man!

Shame we couldn't get yellow 172 facelifts over here.

Lotus Elise 111R
So, you have a Mk2 172 in liquid yellow, with recaros and sat nav.... the perfect 172 I reckon. Good choice!!

We are over your way on Sunday at the Abbeville circuit, if it is close, come over and show us!

Up!
just for saying that will make one month and that I still did not receive my part. Ktr are correct because they answer the emails very quickly, but not in a hurry to send the hanger to me ... :mad:

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Hello, we did send your hanger to you many weeks ago. I will look into this on Monday and if there is still a problem we will send another one with a different shipping company.

Please accept my apologies for this mistake, it is entirely our fault that you did not get the hanger in the first place.

David.

VW ....
Good to see this getting resolved however i'd be pretty pissed at waiting a month to fit an exhaust & still no missing part received .