ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 at 18 paying £2400 tpft . sound about right ?

IMO its your money as has been said. But if i was paying that much, id at least want it to be FC-Just incase :)

Get ringing, call flux and tell them you have been quoted that price as fully comp, can they beat it, and see what they say.

Worked for me :)

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
yeh i know what you mean !
always wanted to have a fast car , as i could barely keep up with mates in their 1.6 's , now il be faster :evil:

Oh dear! our next driving meet should be fun then just make sure you got recovery from ditch policy;)

C

clvs2222

^^ hehe, nearly been there. if i ahdnt of been driving it for nearly a year, i wouldav lost it that day. just knew how it would dig in.

clio 172 cup
even though i never listened, it aint worth it mate £200 of your wages gone every month then fuel,road tax etc.
wait until ya 20 i got my cup insured for £1100 a year later its now £700.

clio 172 cup
  Golf TDI
even though i never listened, it aint worth it mate £200 of your wages gone every month then fuel,road tax etc.
wait until ya 20 i got my cup insured for £1100 a year later its now £700.

when i change my ncb to 2 years rather than one the price changes to like £1300 so im only going to have to take the hit for this first year ! like i said earlier im not going to wait though as thats just my character .

always wanted to have a fast car , as i could barely keep up with mates in their 1.6 's , now il be faster :evil:

... and thats why your insurance is expensive and why you're statistically more likely to stack it.

You will race it and you will drive it like a prick every now and then. I do, tbf and I'm 10 years older than you.

Personally, I wouldnt be here now if I had a 2.0 can when I was 17. I'd have been showing my mates in their 1.0, 1.2. 1.6s how quick I could be.

As for paying £2k for insurance. If you're paying that monthly, I'd expect it will be costing best part of £500+ p/m to keep it on the road.

It all comes with age. Now I'm an old man I've slowed right down. I've worked out (without the aid of a bad crash) that you dont live forever.

Good luck.

Golf TDI

... and thats why your insurance is expensive and why you're statistically more likely to stack it.

You will race it and you will drive it like a prick every now and then. I do, tbf and I'm 10 years older than you.

Personally, I wouldnt be here now if I had a 2.0 can when I was 17. I'd have been showing my mates in their 1.0, 1.2. 1.6s how quick I could be.

As for paying £2k for insurance. If you're paying that monthly, I'd expect it will be costing best part of £500+ p/m to keep it on the road.

It all comes with age. Now I'm an old man I've slowed right down. I've worked out (without the aid of a bad crash) that you dont live forever.

Good luck.

i dont drive like a prick . simple as . and if i do have the odd moment off " showing off " as you put it , its within reason .

Audi S1
Im 18, 2 yrs no claims... £1800 FC... i done a quote to see what ill get it as when i turn 19... £1000!!!!!

I wished i was 19...

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Im 18, 2 yrs no claims... £1800 FC... i done a quote to see what ill get it as when i turn 19... £1000!!!!!

I wished i was 19...

How the hell have you got £1,800 insurance on a 172, in London and only 18?? :eek: I was still getting quotes higher than that back then for a bloody Punto 60S!

You must be in one hell of a leafy postcode!

D.

S3, HD Nightster
sweet! another ph1 in the area! (I'm in Talbot Green)

If you're earning enough money and it's worth it to you, then don't let anyone talk you out of it. end of TBH

btw I'm just coming to the end of my years insurance with kwik fit, started it at 19 with 2 years no claims and I was paying £1800 TPFT so I think £2400 should be about right!

Golf TDI
funny enough im not getting it far from where you live , pontyclun car sales ! lol might see you about ... cheers .

That much money for not even full comp - fpmsl !! Sorry but that's madness. Wait a year or something till the price is sensible.

I'm paying 1/4 of that price, full comp on the vee. I'm old though.

Golf TDI
also its a done deal tbh , i pick the new beast up on tuesday morning . looking forward to it .

Golf TDI
i know its absolutely nothing to go one . but so far iv never had even a tiny bump as i am a really careful driver . although all that can change in a instant on roads !!