ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.4RT

First car.. M Reg Clio 1.4 RT

bought for £150 , 12months tax n mot not bad eh..

im picking it up tomorrow... should make a nice little difference to learn in from the instructors 1.1 sh*troen c2.

any short ideas on different things i could maybe do engine wise to it?

Christian

Punto/Clio GTT

first thing for that sort of money ide put any mods on hold. give it a full service, cambelt change, fan belt, (pas belt if its got it), plugs etc etc. get it running nicely then start moddin

500bhp Scoob

for 150 quid, theres got to be some things wrong with it, especially on an M reg plate.

Not trying to put a downer on ya mate, but for such little money, something cant be right.

Engine mod wise, check with your insurance company to see who will insure u for what mods, otherwise youll spend money modding it to find out that your current insurance company will charge the earth for the modification, or just not insure you

got insured on it today.. went out with my mums bf.. much more relaxed than the mother.. floored it each gear upto 90 no strange noises or anything .. was unsure to go any faster. seems fairly straight.. usual clio sweaks n rattles .

needs a few things doing such as the bonnets got a few rust spots so thats a cheapish spray job to get rid of those.. the previous owner covered up the bottom of the bonnet with primer so that needs to go asap. no rust on the back arches so im rather surprised..

needs a service and wheels balancing my uncles done all the mots on it since 1998 and hes checked it over before i got it so it seems to be in fairly good nick.. even if it lasts me 6months cant really moan for £150..

and as m4rk says... i gotta learn to drive first :D

Christian

Valver

Quote: Originally posted by Christian. on 04 March 2005

floored it each gear upto 90
Not a habit you want to be practicing when ure learning, makes it harder to control yourself on your test...

Octavia VRS

Yeh make sure it gets a proper full service, etc. Whats the bodywork like?

And calm yourself! Pass your test first then get some experience!

[Edited by POW_Clio on 04 March 2005 at 10:54am]