ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 (53 plate) Revs dropping off

Clio 1.2 53
Hi all,

Firstly, apologies if this is posted in the wrong place :)

In the last week or so since the weather got really cold and wet I've noticed that on a morning or after work when I start my car the revs drop from around 2k to off the scale and my car inevitably stalls. It's only doing this on days where either it's rained a lot or if the temp has dropped below about 5 degrees. After this is drives okay. My other half got two codes off her at the weekend - P0790 and P0201 but I'll be honest I have no idea if they're even related!

Background info...

The coil pack was replaced in July although one of the seals was stuck so a bodge job was done and the new coil pack was placed over the old seal from the old pack. I bought the car in April and it had a full service, new cam belt etc.

Any help is better than what I'm currently armed with.

Thanks
Claire

BPY

16v 1.2
Having had what sounds to be similar problems with my 1.2, it's probably the throttle body that needs cleaning.
Google suggests the P0201 code is to do with a faulty injector

As BPY has said, give the throttle body a good clean and see if this helps out any!

P0790 - Transmission Fault Code
P0201 - Faulty Injector/Injector Malfunction.

Clio 1.2 53
Thanks both :)

I thought it might be a damp problem so I got happy with a bit of WD40 last night and she seemed like a different car this morning. I'll give the throttle body a good clean later and see if that does the trick!