ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 2004 brake then steering pulls to left

PH2 clio 1.2 16v
So I had new brake pads put in around a month ago. about 2 weeks ago the steering got very light/loose especially around full lock position. it also feels like im having to do more steering wheel rotating to get too full lock left or right position (could be my imagination from the loose steering). Yesterday i curbed the clio in a carpark while parking relatively slow.

Today after 40 miles driving the car steering will veer left when light braking and when letting off the brake with slight realignment on the road the car steering can feel slightly uncontrollable for a moment enough to give a fright.

Mechanic did say while replacing the pads he noticed a damaged metal ring which he replaced (something abs related i believe)(he reckoned the mechanic who had previously replaced a rubber boot caused this)

Any ideas on my problem (car is parked up untill fixed)

Appreciate the help in advance and sorry if the message is hard to understand iam using a virtual keyboard program :weary:

Last edited:

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Sounds like either one of the brakes is sticking, check both sliders for movement and grease them heavily, pop the cap off the reservoir and push both Pistons back in to check for them being free, look at the wear of pads and disks and check they're all even and within spec. Also check pads are free to slide on carrier.
But.... Having just re read is the tracking correct as well, does it pull at all times or just braking?

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
It does only when braking and for a second or two after braking and also after (accelerating and changing up a gear)
Right, check tyre pressures the. check all ball joints for playing general suspension condition , tyres for wear patterns, get tracking checked if not it'll be the driveshaft most likely. (Mine does it)

PH2 clio 1.2 16v
Right, check tyre pressures the. check all ball joints for playing general suspension condition , tyres for wear patterns, get tracking checked if not it'll be the driveshaft most likely. (Mine does it)

Cheers mate gonna do this and report back.

I'm currently stuck on getting the wheel nuts screwed out the spanner is to small can see them shearing.

PH2 clio 1.2 16v
Wishbone had massive gaping crack surprised it didnt break completely fitted second hand one today and shes good to.

cheers guys.