ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 16v (2002) 172 replica.

old thread of my car. thought i would add a few more pictures of the car at the moment. comments still appreciatd :)

Clio 197
good effort, if you are making a 172 rep then you will need the badges - dont feel pressured to take them off haha

where abouts in lancs are you?

Attachments

• P1000920.jpg
    P1000920.jpg
    587.1 KB · Views: 72
  • P1000919.jpg
    P1000919.jpg
    545.7 KB · Views: 83
  • P1000915.jpg
    P1000915.jpg
    531.5 KB · Views: 78
  • P1000918.jpg
    P1000918.jpg
    561.1 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC01043.JPG
    DSC01043.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 73
  • P1000916.jpg
    P1000916.jpg
    565.6 KB · Views: 72
im in preston mate. you? haha thanks mate no on understands about the badges. people drive past the car and think oh theres a 172 and.. oh no it says 1.2 on the side!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
A tad high but looks a pretty good effort. Did you go ahead with the engine conversion?

didnt end up going ahead with the conversion as it is pointless. saving for a real 172 for obv reasons! and lowering springs and spacers are on the way when i have payed for me and my missus to go on holiday :)

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
How much will it cost to do the conversion? Given the amount you have already spent, it it not better to just do that than replace the entire car?

i have found that although i have spent far too much on this car doing the rep there is no point in doing the conversion for 3,000 pounds. im going to look to sell it when i have finished it all and hope the sweet engine and gearbox will act as selling points for the car as underneath the body it is tight and very well looked after low milage clio for its age. i admit i have thrown alot of money into this and im not going to get half of it back. but hey whats life for if you cant have fun?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Ooft Christ lol, wasn't expecting a figure as high as £3K.

Put your back seats down and you will give that Corsa a hard time.

mate i have like 74 bhp under my bonnet and look after my car. if that corsa with the ironing board wants to pan it pass me then it can.

Clio 172
car is now complete on the outside. looking for interior and maybe engine. i will get pictures up tomorrow. would also appreciate comments (good or bad)
does not have spacers. and the 2.0 badges are there because it is a replica. its like putting the sport badges on. i dont drive it like a muppet so who is to tell that it isnt a 2.0 sport?

no one will I suppose... unless you accelerate too hard... then everyone will :p

Nice job though on a serious note. I'd like to do the reverse of what you've done... put all the old shape bumpers and so on on my car, then see the faces of people when I rag it...! Wonder if that would lower my insurance too lol...

you could give it a go at making a sleeper. im not a little boy in a car, im a 19 year old who knows how slow my car is and isnt stupid enough to get in to races on public roads. :)

kevbev321 you are actually the first possitive person who i have come across on here and appreciates the work and effort i have put into my car. everyone else on here just moans about putting 2.0l badges on a 2.0l replica! cheers mate!! haha :)

And about getting your insurance cheaper with putting parts on a sport can actually bring down your premium. try giving adrian flux a ring.

I think it's good what your doing. A lot of people on the forum like to comment on stuff, criticise and tell you how it should be done but some of these people haven't got the balls or the money to take a step like this and actually go through with it. You can't afford the insurance on a 1*2 right now so your just trying to make your 1.2 look better using original renaults parts, what's wrong with that? :) come on guys give him a break at least he hasn't put a chavvy body kit on or something like that. I totally get where your coming from with the 2.0 badges, if you just cruise about then why not have them on there seeing as you've done everything else. Anyone with a 1.2 that says it isn't good is jealous.

thank you so much for that comment buddy. someone who understands where im coming from. thanks mate :)

I and many other people understand you bud, i think in the future with insurance prices going up there's a big market for this. Even for first time drivers it would be a good way to get the looks of a better car without the performance. If i was in your position i wouldn't even bother telling your insurance about it because at the end of the day they are renault clio bumpers and wings etc. so strictly speaking its not a modification and you could argue that when you bought the car it was like that and you assumed it was standard.

How is it Group1? I didn't think any Mk2 Clio was that low?

Your low insurance grouping is probably canceled out by the massive list of modifications.

arch liners are a must if you want it all to stay on. i got mine new from renault. scrappys do them cheap for about 20 pounds a pop.

Front sport arch liners are different from non-sport arch liners.
I just took them off on the front and didn't bother with them as the wheels were scraping them with the coils on.

Can't recall if rears are the same. Think they might be though.

Clio S & VW T5
And last summer I had 6 points imposed on my license for riding a pitbike where i shouldnt have been (f**king pigs) anyway this meant I had my license revoked and have to re take meaning I now struggle to Insure a f**king push bike!!!!

You, are a tw*t. You would have got 6 points for being uninsured. ANYONE who drives without insurance deserves to lose their licence. And if you modify your car to look like a Cliosport, your insurance premiums are going to go up almost as much as if you bought a sport in the first place; unless of course you aren't telling your insurance company, in which case you'll be uninsured. And a tw*t.

By the way, the Police that caught you were doing their job, by preventing an uninsured driver from the risk of killing someone whilst uninsured. Get over it.

Rant over

You, are a tw*t. You would have got 6 points for being uninsured. ANYONE who drives without insurance deserves to lose their licence. And if you modify your car to look like a Cliosport, your insurance premiums are going to go up almost as much as if you bought a sport in the first place; unless of course you aren't telling your insurance company, in which case you'll be uninsured. And a tw*t.

By the way, the Police that caught you were doing their job, by preventing an uninsured driver from the risk of killing someone whilst uninsured. Get over it.

Rant over

Very not true, I pay £500 with EVERYTHING declared on my rep with Adrian Flux.
I had a look around to insure it standard, and it would cost me over £600..

A Renaultsport Clio would cost me around £1000 to insure.

Yeah, depends on the underwriter. Lots of places say you can have unlimited 'cosmetic' mods as you want for no extra price. However they give you a performance limit etc to stop anything else. Really good way tbh.

like plummer said, £500 for a non-sport modified or £1.5k+ for a sport unmodified. Not really close figures are they? Its just the numpties that don't care to shop around and just accept anything thrown and them.

Clio S & VW T5
I'll be on the phone to Flux on Monday then. My premium (with my 17 year old new driver son on it) has just gone from £1250 last year to £2020 this year. With an £800 excess for him.

So your premium goes DOWN if you modify your car. Really?

Yup.

Yeah, depends on the underwriter. Lots of places say you can have unlimited 'cosmetic' mods as you want for no extra price. However they give you a performance limit etc to stop anything else. Really good way tbh.

like plummer said, £500 for a non-sport modified or £1.5k+ for a sport unmodified. Not really close figures are they? Its just the numpties that don't care to shop around and just accept anything thrown and them.

Exactly!