ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clean Your Car - ZYMOL!!!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ah the holiday kit. Didn't Zymol offer it again in November. Amazing kit to own. Worth a few bob actually.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
2oz jars of carbon, titanium and concours for £99, tempted if I could swap concours for glasur.

Not sure if they still have sotck but worth it or just go for a full pot of carbon, glasur, onyx, new AF wax?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Toughy. You get to try a few different ones mate and it's easy to resell.

Lot of wax for £99.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
£100 wouldn't buy me half a set of suitable bike lights to get me round my usual XC loop through winter, might just stretch to a new chain and rear sprockets if I shop around. Or 2 new tires and inner tubes.

A fancy pot of wax will last a lot longer than spent on my other hobby

An example of what I almost bought on Sunday at the London bike show at EXCEL and decided I'd rather wax
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/light-motion/stella-dual-600-ec029683?query=stella 600

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Crazy. Funny comparison considering how much camera lenses are and the wax will outlast anything.

I've yet to finish a pot of wax!

Not a 320d
Shame on you. Ive gone through almost two pots of Glasur and Im 1/3 way through my second pot of Carbon (Thatll last me years). I finished a pot of Collinites Doubles Coats Detergent/Radiation proof wax too. I didnt replace it. I have about 2 cars worth of BOS left too which ill probably never use now, Slowly drying up I imagine. Dodo purple haze I finished.

xx

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Love Zymol pictures...

1213287370_Zymol-Glasur-For-Porsche-226g_w450_h400.jpg

Ooooh want much...

9adfbceb.jpg

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I'm still waiting for morethanpolish to get back to me on stock of the sample kits.

May even order a sample of RG55 as it only appears to be £5

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It is mate, it's proper tiny but you could do a car with it.

I know they aren't available all the time mate. Maybe email Zymol themselves? They get back to you super fast and are very nice.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
called raceglazer / morethanpolish 1st as I couldn't find them advertised anywhere else so thought maybe they had a special on. they don't have any left after my call. I got the last kit

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'll test them for you. Let me know if you fancy selling a pot. First refusal! ;)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Are Zymol waxes best kept in the fridge?

I've not had problems storing waxes before apart from the soft Vics 3oz pots, but the were delivered during summer and had already started to seperate.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I do mate. Any Boutique waxes are kept in either the fridge or a cool place.

I'd be throwing the cheap chicken out and get them in. What do you get in the kit?

Track 172cup
haha i wish Darren !

it has has a couple of coats of Glasur in it's time though

Kev were going to have to agree to disagree on the sealant vs wax on white again haha

tried werkstat/cg blacklight topped with V7 and was left disappointed by both (this was going by recommendations about how a sealant is better on white blah blah lol)

some waxes weren't great but SV Shield/Glasur/CG 5050/SV Onyx all looked great, my personal favourite on it though was RG55 as you know ! i wish i got it on tape aswell when you seen it on the Evo after 3 months and it was still beading with just 1 coat, was doing even better than Colli ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That's right mate I remember us talking about it. I just remember is yours not a solid colour?

The sealant idea only really works on white with clear overbase as the light reflects through the coat.

Wax would give a much better look on solid colour, like it does on red really. :)

You have any waxes Darren? What waxes do you have left Cal?

Track 172cup
yeh thats right mate the Evo was single part paint so no clear, as always it's just down to what finish you want from it but a wax will win 99% of the time for me ;)

yeh RG55 on solid audi red is frightening (was going to put up a pic of my pals i did with it but since it's a zymol thread i'll refrain lol), bringing it slightly back on topic i reckon i might give carbon a try sometime, see how it compares to Onyx

Whittled down from 7 to just 3 the now, my 2 trusty Colli's (915 for wheels and 476 for winter bodywork) and CG 5050, still got that wee pot of shield from Craig aswell lol, oh yeh Darren asked if i would mind running through a few detailing things with him before he took the car..............big mistake lol, we ended up chatting for at least an hour and probably made his wallet a bit lighter with some up coming detailing orders :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Haha! Forget petrol being expensive. Detailing drains bank accounts!

Good choices. I have a carbon sample if you want it? I probably won't use it. Try before you buy and all that.

I still have a small pot of CG Ezyme in my fridge. :eek: And that Shield! Lols! I got rid of all my waxes iirc.
Still got Purple haze somewhere. My first decent wax.

I'll see what spring brings! How's the Golf thing going?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Flol! 2 pots of my wax cost more than 4 tyres for my car.

The wax will outlast the tyres though.. Self justification ftw!

Track 172cup
That would be quality mate, i doubt I'll end up buying it as I can't see past CG 5050 the now tbh but you know what I'm like for trying new waxes haha

You used Ezyme yet ????? You've had that for ages lol

Purple haze is the only dodo wax I've used that I liked, wasnt a fan of supernatural

Just trying to get everything sorted for going across mate :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I don't like SN at all. 3 layers of PH looked, beaded and stayed superbly on mine when I first had it. Still a great entry wax.

Text me your address and i'll gte it posted up to you dude. Call it a thanks for all your help. :) At least you can give your opinion if anyone is ever asking about it. :) You've used Glasur so good to compare.

Not used it mate. Had other things to use before then. Might get round to it in the summer! :eek: Over my C1. Shhh don't tell Craig!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Never had a problem with SN personally.
I had some Blue Velvet as well, strange texture when it's in the pot but it looked pretty decent on black.

Track 172cup
Cheers lad but dnt b silly i was only thru for a few hours, I'm savin that favour for u helpin me wi the golf haha ;)

I'll just get a wee shot of it next time we catch up lad, save u the postage !

Haha u know I'm on your side wi the wax anyway as I was goin 2 do the same with the Evo !

SN's ok but I just prefer a hard wax to have a bit more of an oily texture as they spread easier so better to get a thin layer on and they usually give more of a glossy wet finish, just personal preference and I think there's better waxes out there around that price tbh

Golf GT & A4 Avant
sample kit arrived yesterday with 200ml of HD-CLeanse. what is this like use as it feels more oily than lime prime. Rubbed it between my fingers and I couldn't quite feel the abrasives like you can in LP but it left more of a greasy film as it dried out

My wife wasn't best pleased to find the waxes in the top of the fridge though

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
HD cleanse is pure cleanser like Lusso revitalising creme but it's bloody hard work. Used by hand. 1 panel at a time and never sat for more than 20 seconds. REALLY.

It's a funny product but if I was using anything above say concours i'd be using cleanse. It really is a pure cleanser. There are lots of better products out there. Personally i'd sell it on and get something else. :)

Not a 320d
It does seem to remove marring. Its great, but as gally said bloody hard work. One pannel at a time. If that.

Track 172cup
Rejuvenate and Werkstat Prime are the 2 best cleansers i've came across, would be happy using either and both simple to use