ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clean Your Car - ZYMOL!!!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What a move! Love it.

They should be praised for that.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
not ever having seen a zymol product, are all there waxes the same buttery soft consistency? Anything similar to the Vics waxes for texture

Megane R26
Yeah pretty much

You should try Glasur Dave - very good for the money.

Vintage is something else - best wax you'll ever use.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Yeah pretty much

You should try Glasur Dave - very good for the money.

Vintage is something else - best wax you'll ever use.

I keep contemplating Glasur, but stories of gassing issues and my inexperience could be frustrating. Hence I'm considering carbon or titanium

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
not ever having seen a zymol product, are all there waxes the same buttery soft consistency? Anything similar to the Vics waxes for texture

I did 2 wings and a bonnet with one swipe of Glasur. God it's like my wax nirvana, even with the gassing i'm not sure I care.

It's a pure wax. Pure carnuaba, fussy, smells like a proper wax. It's cons just makes me love it more. :eek:

Megane R26
The gassing is cured with a second wipedown a few hours later, or using a damper applicator to spread it really thinly.

Either way, it's worth the effort.

Still the King <£100

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No price increase since release iirc. I love it.

They went over the top with it and made it too good imo.

I prefer it over concours and carnauba content is up there near vintage, I know it counts for little but it's still fact.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I predict some birthday-Glasur next month :)

Mines Sunday but I doubt I'm that lucky, my OH doesn't agree with my current collection as it is.

Russ / Kev, should I go straight to glasur and forget carbon and titanium. Is the gassing issue down to over application or not fully removing?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Imo especially with Titanium being within £20, yes. Titanium is also a bit harder, doesn't have the finesse and Glasur is actually more durable when looked after.

Carbon is a great introduction though mate, Cliotoby on here is a big fan and sent me a sample a while back, can also be used on plastics. Viper on DW is an avid user for years.

Over application is the main problem, it's really just the solvents escaping. Supernatural is much worse imo.

Not a 320d
Imo especially with Titanium being within £20, yes. Titanium is also a bit harder, doesn't have the finesse and Glasur is actually more durable when looked after.

Carbon is a great introduction though mate, Cliotoby on here is a big fan and sent me a sample a while back, can also be used on plastics. Viper on DW is an avid user for years.

Over application is the main problem, it's really just the solvents escaping. Supernatural is much worse imo.

That I am :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Vintage has a free refill for life, surely that's a bargain?

Costs £250+ to post it to Zymol, Gaz.

also you can't just keep refilling it every 4 months. There will be small print somewhere.

172 Cup
Cool :)

Zymol...the only way to roll. I cant wait to give the cup a good detail in a month or two. Glasur or Titanium to put on it though, decisions decisions lol

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I'm looking for something that is so soft like glasur, just unsure if I can warrant to price when I'm not using waxes much at the minute.

will do a bit more researching I think, been looking through the for sale threads for some time for a used pot but miss most of them

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm looking for something that is so soft like glasur, just unsure if I can warrant to price when I'm not using waxes much at the minute.

will do a bit more researching I think, been looking through the for sale threads for some time for a used pot but miss most of them

I definitely see your point mate. RG55 is very soft like vics and 2 layers would ime outlast Glasur. It won't feel quite as special.

Onyx is another one mate. Or Carbon? Both mid range waxes with vics level durability.

Mid range waxes are hard to pick imo.

I've bought and sold Glasur twice. Both times because I wasn't using it enough. Never stops you wanting it again! :eek:

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I considered RG 55 but read mixed reviews, people love or hate it it seems. might get a sample pot.

I want something that is special to use, that's the main want for the zymol. I liked vics red and yellow, but wasn't impressed when multiple layers only achieved 4 weeks durability, will be trying both again to see if it was me. the finish of AF spirit and desire is considerable better than anything I've used before so want it to top them. durability isn't a huge issue but don't want to have to be layering every couple of weeks.

Price isn't an issue with Glasur if it is that good, but what separates glasur and carbon

Golf GT & A4 Avant
what's onyx like to use JD?

I can't remember the last time I used 476 on a car panel, has been dropped to wheels, MTB and snowboard duties for at least 18months now

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I considered RG 55 but read mixed reviews, people love or hate it it seems. might get a sample pot.

I want something that is special to use, that's the main want for the zymol. I liked vics red and yellow, but wasn't impressed when multiple layers only achieved 4 weeks durability, will be trying both again to see if it was me. the finish of AF spirit and desire is considerable better than anything I've used before so want it to top them. durability isn't a huge issue but don't want to have to be layering every couple of weeks.

Price isn't an issue with Glasur if it is that good, but what separates glasur and carbon

I wasn't that impressed with Spirit if i'm honest, good wax but nowhere near enough of a boutique feel, especially at that price. Just my opinion.

Glasur is special, it feels special. The price probably helps but it a lovely wax to use and easily has the best water beahviour of any wax bar maybe Vintage. It sheets water like a sealant. The SV are easier to use but they don't have the water behaviour of Glasur.

Also Glasur is durable if looked after, I seen over 4 months winter before last. Wiped down in between. It needs a carnauba spray like Sonus.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
spirit was my 1st wax over £30 and I really like the finish and durability and beading / sheeting but as you say it's missing that feel that I'm still looking for

Megane R26
Auto Finesse Adore gives consistency like Destiny and Vintage - very much like textured butter.

Dave just get Glasur. It's laaaaaaaavly.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The problem AF will find is, all the pots are pretty much the same. There is not speciality to them and I love the AF products.

You can get in the ring with Ali cause you think you can box etc.. ;) It's okay having the same performance as boutique waxes but me and you both know it's not always about performance when using boutique waxes.

Just my 2pence. Helps that SV and Zymol already have the brand and boutique section covered. Harder to come into the industry and box with the expensive wax makers.

Megane R26
True but James knows what he is doing. Also you said yourself that Zymol hasn't changed a thing for years. Things do move on in terms of improvements in blending techniques, solvents etc. z in particular could do with launching something new apart from a new overpriced wheel brush.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I made a thread on DW about new waxes from old manufacturers and I think Shield was about the last one to be released afaik.

Of course they know what they're doing but i'm the person they're selling to. My opinion actually counts quite a lot in this instance. Deatiling side maybe not but i'm the consumer at the end of the day, like I said i'm a massive fan of AF products, their wax range just leaves me a little perplexed.

Megane R26
Perplexed in what way though?

Spirit is up there with the best at £100 - Clark uses it more than any other £100 wax PB sells...

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I can't quite explain it. They don't stir anything inside me. They don't feel unique for some reason.

Again i'm not talking on just performance here, i've used spirit, it's fantastic but I can't see why as an enthusiast why you'd buy it over something like Glasur even with it's occasional gassing issues.

A professional detailer is different, you guys need to use the best, you're not looking for that special feeling that a weekend detailer gets after slogging away on a Sunday afternoon.

Like I said I can't quite explain it but I overlook their waxes.