ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

City powder coating in Birmingham | Highly Recommended £80 per set for a Refurb!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Yes,got there about 12.40.

Really really pleased with the job done,better than I thought, can't see what people are worried about,I'd have spent more than that on rattle cans for each wheel,plus all the time rubbing them down.

Ace job.

Pics ?

172 Race Car
Stripped and coated ours but then were not worried about kerb marks. Not sure if they offer that service. Give them a ring

I misread this title and wondered what everyone was raving about! £80 per set, I thought you meant £80 per wheel!!

alexessex_7

ClioSport Club Member
  250 Cup & BG 182
i wanna get myn done. my wheels are in bad condition from kerbing. is it still that cheap?

WR1 impreza
Has anybody had their standard 182 wheels refurbed here yet? Wondering how the centre caps would match up colour wise with them not being able to be powder coated

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I doubt they will match the o.e colour tbh, they'll just re do them with a colour off the shelf.

172/vx220t/m135i
Can't see that these are that cheap really, if you want tyres removed and put back on that's £40 per wheel, so add the £80 and that comes in at £240 for the set. Unless that's the normal cost most places charge for just the powder coating without messing about with the tyres??

RS6 C7
Can't see that these are that cheap really, if you want tyres removed and put back on that's £40 per wheel, so add the £80 and that comes in at £240 for the set. Unless that's the normal cost most places charge for just the powder coating without messing about with the tyres??

I think you are mistaken, They charge £20 to remove all 4 tyres & 20 to put them back on so the total cost for a set of wheels and tyres to be refurbed would be £120.

Iv'e had 4 sets of wheels done there so i do know ;)

172/vx220t/m135i
I think you are mistaken, They charge £20 to remove all 4 tyres & 20 to put them back on so the total cost for a set of wheels and tyres to be refurbed would be £120.

Iv'e had 4 sets of wheels done there so i do know ;)

Thanks for clearing that up, i thought from your initial post it was based on per wheel to change the tyres! That's where i thought there may be a catch to the £80 all in! Definately worth a go then for £120.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Gonna ring em up tomorrow and see if they can get mine done this weekend! Mine are wrecked!

f**k me, these are ridiculously bad at getting hold of. Phone has been constantly busy this morning. They'd better pick up today, to confirm that I can pick up tomorrow, or ill be pretty pissed off.

CLIO 182
Anyone got anymore pics of these guys work? It's only £10 per wheel for tyre off and refit - making it £120 for a full refurb. Could do with a trip to the scrappies to pick up some steelies now!

Picked mine up last night. For £20 per wheel (for the actual powder coating etc), their work is epic. My wheels were curbed to high hell, but they've got rid of all that and the finish is pretty damn good too.

My two front tyres were right on the limit (uneven wear ffs), so i've only had two of my tyres put back on. Now for the fun of trying to sort a couple tyres out this morning.

Hi
6fe8a33e.jpg

da448d2c.jpg

More photos in my project thread, but yeah, for the money, they're awesome. Id definitely go there again.
They're not 100% perfect, but for the money, how battered the wheels were and the fact that its a 12 year old shed, I couldn't really care LOL.

Does anyone know if they can do a drive in, drive out service?

Or does the powdercoating take too long or something?! Getting a spare set of wheels is a pain :(

IIRC, no they don't. They have to send your wheels to a place that dip them in acid or something. Website states atleast 2 working days, but your best to imagine that you'll have a good 4 days without, as they're always rammed. I dropped mine off on Monday morning, got them back at about 6pm (literally just finished) on the Friday.

I had to borrow some really really bad/bald/illegal wheels & tyres off Sym0n and also use my spare wheels. Not been a fun week of driving lol.

CLIO 182
That's what's stopping me too, only acctually need my car to get my alloys there though. Could live with the car on bricks, just not exactly safe.