ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chris' Petrol Blue Project

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Good to see you've got it all fixed and back running.

Still loving the colour.

Gutted missed today but always knew the car would take a back seat this year with all my stuff going on. Hope it was a success and runs next year.

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers Chaps

There wont be many updates until after winter time really. Decided on a front end respray after the colder months so only small updates from now. The breaks will need replacing fairly soon, Llandow took it out of them quite a bit. Also having a Health check and a remap from SJM is still on the cards but its trying to get the time off work to get the car there ! The car when cold is terrible to drive, Kangarooing down the road is no fun. Also possibly might get a set of 2118's !!! After seeing the car on those shocking wheels at Llandow the car looks good on 15's especially if there spaced out some more. Also thanks to Tim. i got these back last night. For £80 there perfect. They will be hidden up in the loft for a while till after winter.

15080270665_d040115c6f_z.jpg

To some sad news now. After 7 years to the day !!! The old mans BMW 530d is gone :dapprove: She served us well in that time, we put 112k on it with a couple of trips to LeMans. Was sad to see it go but it was becoming to expensive to fix so chopped it in for a Fiesta for mother. Dads now rolling around on her focus but has vowed to buy another in a couple of years time :)

14893757738_553164cac2_z.jpg

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Spent the weekend just gone preparing the car for the winter. Nothing too extreme but a good wash, clay, polish and sealing it up at the end. All used with Auto Finesse gear. No pictures of the process sadly but was spread over two days. Got a newish Ktec Ultra Exhaust coming this week. The Scorpion is ok but a poor fit also a bit too boomy for me. Have had the Ultra before that i was really pleased with at the time.

15023734753_a56e88f5fd_z.jpg

15023715233_5f5f473f45_z.jpg

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Not the way i wanted to enjoy the car turning over 70K :rage: Some turd has obviously driven it to the back slightly when parking then drove off. Had a scout round the car park but didn't notice any damage to any other vehicles. Most will polish out im sure but my mates going to have his work cut out when he come to do the front bumper.

15769761166_3c93598b76_z.jpg

15173987533_bf7024b0ed_z.jpg

On lighter news iv got my deposit down for the SJM cam package :) Its penciled in for early January. Will get round to fitting the Ktec exhaust and a new brake setup soon.

Best add this to brighten up a rather crap day :weary:
15608082758_bf20c37a86_z.jpg

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Bit of a cheery update today :smile:

Totally forgot about Clio16Valver's SRR day today. Poped up this morning with @Fletcher and @TimR26 and met a few of the other guys and also @Ricardos with the Supercharged PB. Hadn't planned on running the car but so glad i did. The last time it was on SRR's Rollers the car made 164bhp Today it has made 174.9bhp ! Since the last reading all that's been changed is the badly damaged standard exhaust and the induction setup has changed to a V6 box. Another reason i ran it was so @Dan@SJM could have as much info about the car before it goes in for the Cams :smile: The graph has also shown what i could feel but couldn't explain. There is a misfire in certain places, glad i know now as the car had been running a bit off now and again but was willing to wait until it went in for the Cam package so Dan could have a look. Hopefully once hes had a thorough look over the car and given it a good service she will run some decent figures again :smile:

15903973071_f15365cef7_z.jpg

15905936705_d165009ff7_z.jpg

15718622490_1f65fc6dae_z.jpg

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Petrol blue is such an epic colour! I was relieved to read that no damage was caused by the sump incident :D Looking forward to further updates

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
I'm not sure if you heard but Charlie said it could be the coilpack.

Yea, gonna get my mate to look into it next week.

Good run on a standard engine bud :smile:

Only just seen the damage. What utter mouthbreathers.

Wristers.

Petrol blue is such an epic colour! I was relieved to read that no damage was caused by the sump incident :smiley: Looking forward to further updates

The only lasting damage that was done was the captive nuts that hold the sump gurad in place have failed and now twist with the screw so cant hold anything in place.

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Big update time :tongueclosed:

So yesterday i picked the car back up after it being with SJM Automotive for a few weeks to have Dan's Cam Package installed. The level of service and workmanship from Dan is unmatched. From keeping me up to date with what was needed for the car and also finishing the car off on a Friday for me to collect early on a Saturday morning it will be hard to find someone with the professionalism and enthusiastic manner of Dan.

Now on to the Cams.....

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Big update time :tongueclosed:

So yesterday i picked the car back up after it being with SJM Automotive for a few weeks to have Dan's Cam Package installed. The level of service and workmanship from Dan is unmatched. From keeping me up to date with what was needed for the car and also finishing the car off on a Friday for me to collect early on a Saturday morning it will be hard to find someone with the professionalism and enthusiastic manner of Dan.

Now on to the Cams.....

Dan's a top bloke! Glad you're liking it! Cam noise!!!! :)

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Where to start ?

The Cams are a INR item with a similar profile to the Catcams 428 iam told. They are billed as being a fast road cam so fits the bill perfectly for me. The idling speed isn't much different to standard but feels like it has a lot more top end grunt. After being in a mates Mini with a Cammed A series engine it just got annoying after 10mins sat in it sounding like the engine is going to cut out at any point. The car doesn't sound any different on idle either, but when it gets moving and climbing up the rev range you can hear the engine respond very quickly. Low end torque feels better but i guess that's more to do with mapping than the Cams. The car pulls a lot stronger from around 3k now, you can feel the torque has improved everywhere throughout the rev range. More so when exiting a corner. Its hard to describe how much better it feels under acceleration, the best i can do is that it feels stronger ? there is so much more RPM to use now through the gears. 2nd and 3rd are a blur but if you hang it out in 3rd you find your self breaking the law very quickly. On the few B-roads near me now you can quite happily leave it in 4th and charge around all day using the torque to do most of the work. I wouldn't say it Revs any quicker just a lot longer and stronger i guess. The one thing that surprises me is the amount of RPM at your disposal. Watching the needle sail past 7k is hilarious. Iv not had the guts to see how much father it will go obviously but iv seen it at 7250 now ! The noise it make when it gets past 7k is absurd. I really must try and get a video of it.

My first thought after having spent a few hours with the car is that i need the breaks sorting ASAP. Thankfully Mr @CUB has some braided lines and pads waiting for me. Just need some new Discs now. Also i think some solid engine mounts would really complement the new found power but i don't want to compromise on the ride too much. Its hard to get pictures of the Cams obviously but Dan did a sterling effort of scrubbing the rocker cover and other parts of the engine whilst the work was going on.

16415277321_207df2607b_z.jpg

16229390968_113742e453_z.jpg

16229382468_0f3350a44d_z.jpg

16229628620_3cb8508517_z.jpg

Chris

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Superb update, Chris.

Your first impressions prove it's not always about the figures, you sound absolutely thrilled with the drivability, and that's what it's all about!

Looking forward to catching up on Wednesday evening.

Cam'd Ph2 172
Awesome read mate and the cars looking great! My Clio is actually at Dan's now having the same cam package done, hopefully should be back this week sometime. Glad to hear the car runs well on them!

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Awesome read mate and the cars looking great! My Clio is actually at Dan's now having the same cam package done, hopefully should be back this week sometime. Glad to hear the car runs well on them!

I was having a look over yours whilst i was picking mine up mate. Are you coming to the SRR meet in March ?

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Sounds like a busy couple of months. Cams sound like they are well worthwhile.

We should definitely sort out a photo shoot at goodwood soon.

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Looks lovely Chris. Some nice plans in the pipeline :smile:

Cheers mate, Along with the new breaks im going to be sorting out the engine bay as well. Powder coated parts and making it as clean looking as possible.

I'm glad you're pleased mate.

I have some discs you can have with the other stuff for free if you want? Done about 600 miles? Brembo HC's.

Your the best. xx

Sounds like a busy couple of months. Cams sound like they are well worthwhile.

We should definitely sort out a photo shoot at goodwood soon.

Yes Paul maybe when its a bit warmer though. Today was freezing !!!

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
The cams have made a noticeable difference judging from the play we had joining the M27. It definitely has a lot more top end power now so I reckon you'll make 185+ at SRR.

I'm going to Rentech on Thursday so if @Cub. brings the brakes to the Nando's meet I can drop them off at your house @Christopher.