ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chris' Petrol Blue Project

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
As I said on text, proper job! Lol!

Shame, especially about Llandow, I was looking forward to pushing you round all day ;)

At least it gives you and excuse to minty mint it up further :)

RB197
At least you're alright bud. Like you said could've been writing a different story!

I didn't look under the car at the time, but damn that is one hole!

The oil puddle after it sat was remarkably small.

I can only assume that's because most of on the back of yours and the front of mine?

14752620921_46a44c8dfb_c.jpg

Quite a brutal bump and it tagged my new splitter too :(

Hope it's all OK when you've got it sorted.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Arh bad luck mate. I've been close in mine went over humpback so much even my own stomach churned over

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help out.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
A lot of your pictures prove how great of a colour it is, a lot of pictures look rubbish of petrol blue sadly.

Petrol Blue 182.
So when you inevitably break this for parts as the engines caput, I'll take a couple of bits haha.

Gutted for you, hopefully it'll be alright!

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
So when you inevitably break this for parts as the engines caput, I'll take a couple of bits haha.

Gutted for you, hopefully it'll be alright!

Vulture !!!

Cheers for all the positive comments guys.

Had my first good look over the car today. Been mentally busy at work this past week so iv not had time to get all the oil residue off the bottom of the car. Today i managed to de gunk the main parts and also have a good look in the sump with a torch and a tiny mirror. Other than finding the large piece with the plug in there doesn't look like there's any bits of metal. Hopefully they didn't get sucked up !!!

Thankfully i got a bonus this month :) Will be booking it in at Rentech Monday. After looking at what needs doing and also wanting a few little bits done now i think its for the best. Was going to look at a cheap runabout this weekend but in the long run it would turn out to be even more costly. So fingers crossed it will all be ok and be back ready for llandow and OrigineRS......Hopefully.

14623253297_b732b99517_z.jpg

14809422282_f3d47daf9e_z.jpg

Those bits that look like mangled bit of metal are actually the under tray that must of been forced so hard it filled a crack. Its embedded in the sump !!

14623221557_9230c483fa_z.jpg

This is the only other damage to the car from what i can see. There are 3 hairline cracks in the sump other than the hole.

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Write off !!! Haha
Im on it tommorow :)

Sod ! My Heart just sank reading that first line !!!

Yea its in Mikes capable hands now. My afternoon has been spent cleaning the driveway ! The old man wasn't too impressed about the thousand patches of oil and crap that came off the underside.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Fingers crossed no terminal damage has been done.

It was a good job it wasn't just you and chris out for a drive, you'd have driven off and left him there. We all know what you're like for waiting for other people...

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Cars back at home now all sorted thanks to Mike@Rentech

14928432785_e5d609d8e2_z.jpg

Would like to say a massive thanks to all the guys that have helped out with support and favors over the past month. Its a costly mistake i wont be making in the future (touch wood). Once mike got hold of the car he got the sump off after a couple of seized bolts and reported back that no damage had been done. Got it all back together and sorted out the tracking for me. All ready for Llandow now.........

Thanks to Tim. for lending me a set of his Parada Spec2's for the day as i had no tires to use on the Clios 16's. Got hold of a cheap horrible set of TSW something or others. They were horrible but only needed for a day then they could go in the bin after. I decided to spray them with primer filler to mask some of the horrendous gashes and scratches. Took them to my mates to get swapped over, he said i couldn't leave them like that so said he'd spray them individual colours with the spare cans he had. He didn't do that and just ended up making them worse. Said i didn't have to pay as long as i left them alone.

Know im going to get some stick for these but here it goes....

14928068932_100553b291_z.jpg

The other 2 are the same.

Also bought a V6 airbox that will be fitted tomorrow :)

14741768999_8de8693397_z.jpg

Many.
Glad to see its fixed, See you at Llandow.

Those wheels will probably look a lot better on the move. Pretty funny.

Petrol blue 182
Lovely petrol blue mate :D i have one too ! Will make a progress blog soon ! I also have an rs192 decat and i think it sounds poo lol, its my first clio sport and thats probs just how the engines sound but im not impressed lol what do you think lol, but it does reek of petrol lmao

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
That looks worse than I imagined mate.

How did it cope on track?

Have catch up with you guys soon, kinda dropped off radar since le man's

Christopher.

ClioSport Area Rep
Been a busy exciting week for the Clio. First off we had a trackday at Llandow with Burpspeed. Then OrigineRS show at Goodwood.

llandow was a lot of fun. Many thanks to Tim for lending me a set of tyres for the day (il buy you 2 new as they are knackered) Met up with Oli and Tim and headed to wales to meet up with some of the regulars and some new faces. Had a great time Tuesday night with passenger rides with Andy in the ITB monster. After a few beers and food we turned in for the night. In the morning we set off for petrol then onto the circuit. Was a great day had alot of fun on track and also passenger rides. Oli's Flamer is one of the fastest Clio's iv been in ! Thanks to Andy for the pictures and also to Jay and Tony for organizing the day.

20140820_burpllandow04.jpg

20140820_burpllandow24.jpg

20140820_burpllandow25.jpg

20140820_burpllandow26.jpg

Car ran faultlessly day thankfully.

Then today was OrigineRS at Goodwood. It was probably the best car show iv been to in all honesty. Having a load of cars that interest me at a venue that interests me was great. Some very nice cars about (il post a thread up tomorrow) Only got one of mine. I hope the chaps can continue the event for years to come :)

14824758479_58fffc98df_z.jpg

Also thanks to @MarkCup for the ride in his Fiesta ST today. I now really really want one :)