ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing alloys

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

Thinking about changing my alloys for the 182.

Is it a good idea to keep the origional alloys for when I come to sell the car??

Is it gonna knock the price down by having aftermarket alloys?

tiTTy & SV650

Same dillemma here! I aint a great fan of the standard 182 wheels. With cars like 205gtis you always want the standard wheels when you buy one, does the 182 have the same following? A lot of people like the standard wheels so its probably wise to keep them...

What wheels you thinking of as replacements?

Im on for the same idea Im looking at dark with a silver rim yet to find anything suitable though.

They are a couple of people waiting to swap for the cup wheels I thought about going down this road but have decided I would like something completly different.

Will probably keep the standard wheels for when I sell the car

tiTTy & SV650

yeah otherwise itll look too similar to a 172cup, different cars so should be distinguishable (exhaust is kinda obvious giveaway... but you know what I mean)

If you fancy some other alloys, just make sure you keep the originals... you can just stick them back on the car then. I think most people would prefer standard when buying.

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by hip_spasm on 27 February 2005

Keep them, Any self respecting 2nd hand 182 buyer will want the OE wheels.
so are we disrespectful cause we dont like them? lol

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 27 February 2005
ill be keeping my standard ones tucked in the garage when i change them

Ditto, but Ill be moving the tyres to the new wheels

Arctic Blue 182

Nice, especially on a black gold car.

Im thinking about swapping wheels, after a new exhaust.

Ive always kept the original wheels whenever Ive bought aftermarket ones. Keep them in the garage. whenever Ive part exchanged a car at any dealers, they always say put the standard ones back on and sell the aftermarket ones privately. Dealers give you more for a car in standard form anyway. Plus, as mentioned above, many people like the std 182 wheels, so put them back on come sell time.

Them wheels look mint mate, nice choice.

Why dont you get some OZ Super Turismo GTs and get them sprayed? Thye would look tops.

By the way, I kept my original alloys for when I sell the car!