ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Painting inside of car

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Thinking of painting the inside of track car.

Any advice / best products to use?

I’m thinking of having it white so it’s nice and cool in the summer but not sure if this is a good idea?

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Thinking of painting the inside of track car.

Any advice / best products to use?

I’m thinking of having it white so it’s nice and cool in the summer but not sure if this is a good idea?
I did mine with Halfords primer and aerosols.

usual preparation and it was easy to keep on top of it after a long season.

IMG_1415.jpeg
IMG_1417.jpeg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Actually painting it takes about 30 minutes.

But you’ll need to spend a day on prep minimum if you want a half about finish.

Scotch everything, a decent primer, make sure it’s not too hot or too cold and make sure you mask yourself up properly. An old newspaper or 3 will be a huge help for masking up too.

I’m a huge advocate for painting stuff yourself. It’s really satisfying as long as it turns out ok. 😂

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
I’ll have a go at it that’s for sure lol.

What did you do with all of the wires running front to back down the sides of doors etc?

I do need to have a go at the wires to get rid of what’s not being used but that’s another job for another day.

@imprezaworks I’m at Blyton 10th sept by the way so get booked on 🙂

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)

What did you do with all of the wires running front to back down the sides of doors etc?

I do need to have a go at the wires to get rid of what’s not being used but that’s another job for another day.

@imprezaworks I’m at Blyton 10th sept by the way so get booked on 🙂

Booking a day in October mate, will give you a shout

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

I wrapped them in masking tape then unwrapped them about 3 days later when the paint was properly cured.

JimF

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I wrapped mine with Tesa loom tape (cloth tape that looks oem), and relocated the boot light to halfway up the C pillar. I used satin black rattle cans and the result was very similar to the above. My only pointer would be that it absolutely stank of paint for weeks after so definitely worth letting it air out afterwards. And I like the smell of paint.