ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

carbon stuff for 1*2 coming soon

Black 182
Splitter turned out to be more that the predicted £50-£75, difficult to produce?

R2TR

Yeah I'm disappointed with the price of the splitter too especially seeing as its being sold as a two piece item in order to keep costs down.

I was expecting it to be significantly cheaper than K-tec so was holding out on ordering one from them.

Bic - perhaps a group buy might see a decent discount?

If anyone has a standard splitter going spare I'm after one - mine is completely missing!;)

Matt

bic

Land Rover Discovery
John182 has contacted me regarding group buys which he will be arranging.

Please try to appreciate our products are produced using different methods to the ktec products which are cheaper to produce than pre preg carbon fibre, comparing prices generally only works when the products are like for like, wet lay and pre preg carbon are worlds apart in their methods and costs invested.

Also one of the reasons i try not to give idea of prices before we have actually developed a product start to finish, something i will not foul up on again as always comes and bites you if a little out with estimation (as that was).

thanks

Bic

Qashcow
does anyone know if the PH1 and PH2 wing mirrors are the same? the previous owner of mine hit the garage support too many times and £60 isnt much more expensive than getting them resprayed.

am also after the side strips for a PH1 if they'll ever be coming out? can send mine to you for templates if you wanted bic?

ITB BG 182
Group Buy people on the above items.
Heres the link to it.
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=337668

get ya names down theres a limited stock on offer.

Prepeg like bic is doing is alot better and takes alot longer to develop from what im being told, yet the overall weight of a prepeg to a wet lay bonnet is even lighter.
When you see people like Fred saying ktec's bonnets are for show he aint far wrong, hense why k-tec can do them so cheap but also that k-tec get them from a far eastern company so they take longer to come in to stock.

IF i could afford a prepeg bonnet to a wet lay i would have a prepeg hands down.

Cheers for all the work from SteamLine and yourself Bic

Last edited:

bic

Land Rover Discovery
we will be producing the side mouldings yes, we do have thw mouldings from my brothers car, but if you wish to provide yours that is fine, does that mean a confirmed order if you do ? lol

Cheers John, be great for us if those kind of volumes are sold and a great success form the efforts we put in to get them ready for FCS this year

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Bic, Any Idea when you will have rear bumper inserts, Dash inserts and thumb Grips for the 172 wheel sorted?

bic

Land Rover Discovery
no idea on new product mouolds no I am afraid, will be having a sort out this weekend as getting things sorted for Trax this year also and what we want to have ready for then

Qashcow
we will be producing the side mouldings yes, we do have thw mouldings from my brothers car, but if you wish to provide yours that is fine, does that mean a confirmed order if you do ? lol

Cheers John, be great for us if those kind of volumes are sold and a great success form the efforts we put in to get them ready for FCS this year

the ph1 and ph2 side strips are different i think although have the same mountings (can someone confirm this?). may just wait for the ph2 version to come out and will fit those lol.

either way, yes its a confirmed order, have just put my name in for the mirror covers on the group buy to start my carbon ways:D

Just like to say great work, cant wait to get the parts :D .

Bein as the dash inserts are bein thought bout hows bout doin the clock surround and maybe the door handles in/out.

White APE
Loving this stuff. Will deffo be placing an order when some money comes available

Quick question. Does the spoiler come with the light etc

bic

Land Rover Discovery
The spoiler does not come with light, either use your OE cup one or you would need to purchase from Renault.

I have made a note of your requests as and when we develop new products.

cheers

Bic

ClioSport 172
I really really want a CF rear bumper insert for my 172! BADLY!

Oh & it may be a stupid question, but when the splitter is on you wont be able to see the join will you?

Last edited:

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Panda, thanks, are you wanting one of our web decals on yours when it comes through or . . . ?

Thumb grips we will investigate after trax show, also need to see if it is a viable part to actually be able to produce, as the oe part is very flexible in terms of fitting and also could pose prlems moulding if it misshapes under the heat caused by the chemical reaction when laminating the mould, pointless making them if they are impossible to fit as they will be nowhere near as pliable as oe.

cheers

Bic

Focus RS Mk1
can vouch for the engine covers being better than the ktec ones!

i have ktec one on my car, bic fitted the streamline version and its so much nicer, tighter fit, sits better too.

the pics on ebay are actually of the cover fitted to my car, if i hadnt already got my ktec one id go with the streamline no doubt :)

1 last thing, who can i contact regaridng setting up Streamline Carbon in a discount section for club members a little more professionally and ethically, I dont want to step on any toes and want things done right and wondered if we can have a sectio,n I have done this on the 106owners.co.uk forum and its great while we are sorting the website too.

Thanks

Bic
Streamline Carbon

Has the discount been setup and if so wt sort of discount we lookin @ ?

bic

Land Rover Discovery
to ALL clubs (I prefer to treat everybody the same no matter what car/club etc) we offer the following

Club members (not just forum members)

5% discount on all individaul orders (no limits low or high)
105 discount on all multiple order over 5 (this can apply to 1 person purchasing 5 items for example, not just group buys etc)

How do we get this in place, I have got a little section set up on 197.net and its sound, if that was on here I am sure would keep things tidier and easier to refer too regarding price,s deals savings and pictures fitted etc etc.

Cheers

Bic

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Our new seat, better pictures next week once complete, will weigh nearer 2kg than 3kg we hope :) prices start from £599 per seat with varing specification as usual :)

On display at trax in September too :)

EbayStreamline054.jpg

ITB BG 182
i cant see how the thumb grips will be possible tho. The orignals are very flexible ab i bet it will be hard to get a hold of them done.

i must be mad though as its pretty much a dead loss...

HOWEVER.... I've fixed and covered the better of the 2 ben sent me, goes to be finished tonight so you should have a pic soon ben, and be back with you by weekend..

my honest opinion is similar to above though, the originals are made of rubber and the carbon stiffens them up a lot, I'm hoping the single layer of carbon will allow just enough give after finishing to still let them be flexed enough to fit..

time will tell i suppose

Tony