ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

carbon stuff for 1*2 coming soon

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Seat now fully finished and with first customer :)

weighed in at 3.9kg with side mounts bolted on, little heavier than expected but this is a carbon/e glas mix so not the lightest laminating mix.

£599.99 each (less club discount) including side mounts, or £1099.99 for a pair :)

Pics so far :

StreamlineSeatMini207mirrorcovers00.gif

StreamlineSeatMini207mirrorcover-2.gif

StreamlineSeatMini207mirrorcovers01.gif

StreamlineSeatMini207mirrorcover-6.gif

StreamlineSeatMini207mirrorcovers02.gif

StreamlineSeatMini207mirrorcover-7.gif

P100808_17_10.gif

thanks

Bic

bic

Land Rover Discovery
no it doesnt, even time attack doesnt require you to use FIA approved seats, only if you dont have proper harnesses would you need to use fia seats, fia approval is circa 10k, yikes, this seat is stronger than many a fia approved shells out there too, this doesnt twist for sh!t lol when sat in it

i must be mad though as its pretty much a dead loss...

HOWEVER.... I've fixed and covered the better of the 2 ben sent me, goes to be finished tonight so you should have a pic soon ben, and be back with you by weekend..

my honest opinion is similar to above though, the originals are made of rubber and the carbon stiffens them up a lot, I'm hoping the single layer of carbon will allow just enough give after finishing to still let them be flexed enough to fit..

time will tell i suppose

Tony
Thanks mate. See how that one goes, then if it works we can try and find someone to send you the other side. Is there anyway of making a mould so you can replicate them without needing originals?

thanks

bic

Land Rover Discovery
its very comftable infact contrary to initial look, comfier than my old recaro pole and Spgs

its been sent to ben, so when hes back he can give a verdict...

i fixed it (although it was f**ked) then covered it in a single layer of carbon, not a lot of resin so as to try and keep enough flexibility to allow ben to refit it.. havent worries about the finish as this is just a tester really...

his other one is in even worse shape, but I have access to some pretty good meterials so may be able to fix it, we'll see..

I have another plan (none carbon related) also if bens findings arent favourable...

Tony

LY 182
im not really up for reading 17 pages, but i've seen the foglight surrounds they look fantastic.. but do you produce the same item except with a flange on the back for a cold air pipe to fit on to? something in a size a pipe could be easily sourced??

if so prices?

I'd just like to say a BIG thank you to Bic for all the time and effort put into makin the items, the quality really shows and im well happy with me cover, cant wait now for me spoiler.

20080901193.gif

oh ye Bic there is 1 thing, there was no yellow sticker.

bic

Land Rover Discovery
over the winter we will be developing some more products for the 172/182

Cover looks great Panda, will try and find the sticker, I did get 2 made and have mislaid them, will send them through with the spoiler.

Splitter people, getting the final 1 out this week, sorry for delay.

thanks

Bic

bic

Land Rover Discovery
next group buy can be whenever peeps, be better to wait until we get these few little items developed and perfected though, to give a broader range

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
next group buy can be whenever peeps, be better to wait until we get these few little items developed and perfected though, to give a broader range

sounds like a plan

what new items do you think you have for the next 1??

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Cup headlight washer blanking plates, rear bumper insert, side bullets (in both OE trim and plain/blank), perhaps door rubbing strips /side skirts also.

Chocolate Bar™
deffo in for the boot strip as mentioned at trax, and carbon smooth bullets sounds like a winner

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
im not really up for reading 17 pages, but i've seen the foglight surrounds they look fantastic.. but do you produce the same item except with a flange on the back for a cold air pipe to fit on to? something in a size a pipe could be easily sourced??

if so prices?

+1

bic

Land Rover Discovery
ram air type feed can be done, anyone have something in fibreglass already perhaps, we can adapt one of ours and then remould, would need more than 2 sales though

Middo - wing mirror covers posted today, sorry for delay

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Few pictures of the Civic bonnet we just completed (for those that saw it at Trax, it was in unlacquered trim then) now completely finished :)

civic-carbon-trax023.gif

civic-carbon-trax003.gif

civic-carbon-trax015.gif

civic-carbon-trax004.gif

civic-carbon-trax005.gif

Original bonnet - 11.3kg

Replacement - 4.7kg

All OE clips, holes and sound deadening retained :)

Price - Don't ask lol

Chocolate Bar™
ram air type feed can be done, anyone have something in fibreglass already perhaps, we can adapt one of ours and then remould, would need more than 2 sales though

Middo - wing mirror covers posted today, sorry for delay

got them the other day and they're perfect. absolutely chuffed with them and well worth the wait, just hope they fit ok :approve: