ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

carbon stuff for 1*2 coming soon

a thirsty one
just an info thread at this stage but streamline carbon are about to start the moulds for some 1*2 parts.

at the moment as follows are being done:
wing mirror covers
front splitter
fog light surrounds in front bumper
rear bumper insert
rear spoiler
side mouldings for doors and quarters

the moulds are being taken from a ph2 172 and prices are tbc at this stage the person involved doing these moulds is bic his white 106 won car of the year in Performance french car mag this month and the company is Streamline Carbon (i got some samples off them a while ago and the quality was top notch)

will keep you posted as and when the development pieces are finished and prices, hopefully will only be a few weeks till i can link some pictures.

posted on behalf of bic (streamline carbon)

bic

Land Rover Discovery
hi guys

Thanks John for starting a thread for us. All of the products will be pre preg and cured using vacuum bag and autoclave cycle. Don't worry, it won't be long until there are some samples to view and we will have a 172 cup in our pit garage at FCS 2008 this year.

A few examples of what to expect quality wise :)

106 S2 Rallye front bumper light intakes

S2RallyeDrivinglightinserts001.jpg

106 door moulds in progress :)
Carbondoors010.gif

106 rear spoiler
spoilersnewproducts027.jpg

Thanks

Bic
Streamline Carbon

bic

Land Rover Discovery
cool, well your responses sound promising so far and i feel better that we are hopefully servicing a gap in the market :)

I would like to give indication of prices but until the paroducts are moulded and made, hard to say. Although basing some of the products on what we have produced for the 106 & Saxo. . .

Wing mirror covers = Approx £59 per pair
Rear spoiler = Approx £189
Fog light surrounds = Approx £59 per pair

Hopefully this should give some idea and with regard to the other products perhaps somewhere inbetween :)

Thanks

Bic
Streamline Carbon

ps - John, with regard to your question on pgac thread, by side mouldings I mean the plastic mouldings on the lower door and rear quarter, which on the clio 172 cup we are using are a satin blue.

Chocolate Bar™
would have biten your hands off if i still had my old car as couldnt find anymore carbon things to go on that. carbon sides on yellow sounds promising :D

APR LCR225
Im slightly addicted to cf at the mo,looks like im going to have to start saving!:D

Cant wait for these to become available, keep us posted mate:)

bic

Land Rover Discovery
whats the score with carbon bits out there for the early clio 16valves etc ? I am that excited about developing the market that I soooooo want the opportunity to do a clio 197 front splitter and rear diffuser, lol, maybe next year lol

Front splitter - Well i was looking at my brothers clio today when we starting getting this idea off the ground and its certainly a minimal product, I ned to measure it to make sure it will fit in the autoclave in one peice and not require a split in the middle, but I should think in the region of say £50-75.

Is there a market for the earlier clios do we think ? I know we need to get this range off the ground first and into production, but like everyone, our miknds always run away in the future. lol.

Oh and is there a difference in the 172 Cup spoiler ? I am not as clued up with the modesl differences on the clio as with 106/saxo etc.

Also, just won a 172 engine cover off of Ebay so that will also be added to the range :)

APR LCR225
Yeah mate, the cup spoiler is different to the normal one, and would definitely be the one to do with carbon i would say as its the most popular and suits the clio nicely... The trophy/v6 255 is different again too...Your best doing a search, im sure someone can stick some pics up if that would help:)

bic

Land Rover Discovery
okay sound, at least we are on with the right and more popular item then. great

Tangoed Works
defo interested in a pair of carbon fog light surrounds to match my bonnet. cant wait to see the finished article.

just an idea, what about the 2 fog light pods in carbon fibre and the 2 diffuser formmed out of plastic -

BrakeDucts1.gif

Is that possible?

Titanium 182 & 306 Diesel
Would be very interested a lot of CF just aswell, how about the side badges i,e 2,0 16v badges?

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Anything is possible, depends how much people want to spend and how much they want something. Are they available for copying above ? If we need to make something out of scratch you can bet cost is excessive and the price demanded for the investment wont be paid for by the customer.

I would think if you are on about using the vents to duct cold air to brakes, then it would be a good idea to use ducting on the rear of the vents ? and direct the air much more efficiently and directly to the area you want to cool ? Unless you own a touring car spec renault clio thne you can afford it all in bespoke carbon fibre, lol

Lionel Richie
FINALLY someone doing proper prepreg carbon work!

for the uneducated amongst you this is the good stuff, not like the rest of the "pretty" bits out there

clio 200 F4Rt
hey Bic, glad to see you on here.

looks like some good stuff you will be producing!

Looking forward to seeing it at FCS. Once bits are in production maybe we can chat more on MSN, maybe get some of bits on my Time Attack car!! :D

80MPG BEEZA
what spoiler is it going to be? a cf cup spoiler would be a treat

tell me when mirror covers are ready to purchase and i'll have a set

Anything is possible, depends how much people want to spend and how much they want something. Are they available for copying above ? If we need to make something out of scratch you can bet cost is excessive and the price demanded for the investment wont be paid for by the customer.

I would think if you are on about using the vents to duct cold air to brakes, then it would be a good idea to use ducting on the rear of the vents ? and direct the air much more efficiently and directly to the area you want to cool ? Unless you own a touring car spec renault clio thne you can afford it all in bespoke carbon fibre, lol

I have sent you a PM

I would have been using ducting between the pods and the diffusers!

Nike Lunar Elite's
Back in the day when CarbonNut was around, he was developing a set of side mouldings for me which looked great but they 'went under' before I ever got my hands on them so I'm definately interested in a set of those (along with the end badges/bullets)

I already have the Ktec carbon splitter but would be interested in everything else!

Keep us all updated.

Last edited:
  Clio 182 Cup
Would like to order a rear bumper insert and fog light surrounds as soon as possible :D and possibly a splitter depending on price compared to K-Tec.

Paypal ok?

CLIO Iceberg 172
defently have the splitter fog surrounds and the rear bumper bit......let the saving being.....

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
can't go wrong with making c/f parts for popular cars! hit the nail on the head with one word

splitter

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Fred -Finally . . . someone recognises the quality ! lol

FMP - Yes would be good to supply some products to you, meant to add, I will be doing the templates for the front and rear door cards too this weekend (flat panels not moulded) for the trackday heroes amongst us !

Batman - Yes 172 cup spoiler is the one we will be moulding, as I understand it this is the more favoured one, yes ?

Sounds like splitters will be successful, until i get one over to the workshop and make sure it fits in the autoclave, unsure wether it will be 1 or 2 peice, either way it will be produced to the highest standard, so please dont be put off if 2 peice, it will be a nice join, similar to the new 197 and how that is done.

D4ve - Will reply to pm now

I will have a look at the side badges when we get the side mouldings off and have a look at how doable they are etc

heydeho - any photographs of other products that are available for the clio ?

Calcliocup - yes paypal will be fine, don't worry you will all know when the range is completed and all the rrp prices and club discounts etc.

Ali - What is interchangeable on the V6 or what parts are doable on the V6 ? thiscan come later, not a problem, vents would be lovely, can you supply ?

Orders, orders orders, lol. sounds great

1 last thing, who can i contact regaridng setting up Streamline Carbon in a discount section for club members a little more professionally and ethically, I dont want to step on any toes and want things done right and wondered if we can have a sectio,n I have done this on the 106owners.co.uk forum and its great while we are sorting the website too.

Also going to get the products featured in PFC mag when range complete for all to see with rrp prices etc, and of course come and see the car and range of products in our very own pit garage at FCS this year and plenty of products to purchase on the day :)

Thanks

Bic
Streamline Carbon

Ok, for the mk1s, the following was suggested in a WilliamsClio thread:
http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26613

doorcards
panels
engine cover
battery tray
tailgate
tailgate strip
bonnet
side bumpstrips
scuttle panel (these are much needed!)
grill
wing mirror covers
spark plug cover
engine mount cover
inlet manifold cover
exhaust heatshield (this would be much appreciated)
roof rails
ph2 front grill
front wings

And if you did a carbon front bumper, that would be awesome lol