ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

carbon stuff for 1*2 coming soon

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Turner - I have replied to your pm

matt182 - Sounds nice, I am sure the interior bits can be easily moulded and put into production given time

Nicknick - yes the easiest way is to send me through your details on email and I can give you a delivery address and then look into it for you and come nack with cost etc, for small minimal products there isnt such a large investment in time andmterials, just our decision if they are a good saleable item

PPtom - Ideally i need to have those other vents posted to me to view and also once we get the oe fog light surrounds off this weekend Ican then confirm if we can just modify the oe part to beocme a cooling vent/duct for brakes etc :)

Ourkid - We can trim the carbon splitter to suit if you require, you can come to the workshop for trimming and fitting if you purchased one form elsewhere ? Where are you based ?

thanks

Bic

bic

Land Rover Discovery
well on the 106 i wanted to do this, but the handle itself is so very intricate, hence why we sell handle covers and access covers, the peice of handle that on display is not where it ends, so i would presume the clio handle to be the same situation tbh, sorry.

80MPG BEEZA
WOW just saw the carbon door cards you do for the saxo on ebay,
make some for the clio and i'll have set along with cup spoiler and side trims,

if you need original door cards just pm me and i'll mail them to you

Ph-Quick
Bic - sounds good, however i'm in N. Ireland!

Where are you based?

If you make one for the phase 2 i'll maybe consider purchasing one and if i'm over on the mainland you can fit it! :)

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Batman - Do you mean these ? lol

Streamline03.gif

Carbon dash lol, yes i have seen a 3 door cosworth one and a pretty rough 205 one before

Ourkid - We are based near Silverstone, the midlands. Ok well it may be we can get hold of a local phase 1 clio and trim splitters accordingly from the phase 2 pattern, it is all acheivable not a worry, just get the splitter made first eh.

Ph-Quick
Sounds good Bic!

I'm actually going to Silverstone for a driving experience at some stage this year as i was bought it for a Christmas present.... had planned to fly over but you never know - I might take the car!

bic, is that just a pure carbon fibre door card or is it backed? the ones on the link batman put up apparently are backed so as heavy as standard

Not a poxy Renault
I live near Silverstone Bic - if you want to have a look at any bits / trial fit any parts give me a shout.

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Ourkid - Sounds cool, hopefully have a splitter done soon anyhow and i am sure we can just trial fit it to a phase 1 and trim accordingly, make a template and then ensure when ordering, people stipulate which clio they have, then everyone is catered for :)

D4ve - The doorcards on the previous page will most definately be wet lay carbon which uses a strong mix of carbon and fibreglass with lashings of gel coat resin, the fibreglass itself heavier than carbon and the main thing that kills weight loss, the amount of resin required in using this method. in addtion wether the customer requires a true 100% carbon peice, would put the price through the round and no doubt triple the retail prices, wether in wet lay or pre preg.

With our panels in pre preg, they are backed with e glass (basically a form of fibreglass but in the pre pregnated form with resin already mixed in) the pre preg carbon also has resin already present in the material. The difference being with pre preg materials and curing methods, the amount of resin used is so much less than wet lay this is where a lot of weight is saved as well as the strength of the product added, as the carbon is the strength above all, you get a stronger and lighter product for your money, aswell as a lovely finish. If you wanted a 1005 pre preg version of the picture I have posted above retail on what you see with e glass and carbon mix is £49.00 per panel, full carbon i would epxect the cost to be approx £200. If you get all that, lol. In addition the pre preg parts are also proportionally thinner than any wet lay, generally aloowing far better fit, trimming etc, and for small products which we have been discussing on here for the Clio, pre preg would win hands down over wet lay, let alone how much more time consumking intricate products are to prouce in wet lay, so the manufacturer would see a very unhealthy decline in labour/money spent producing requests on here in wet lay.

Dont get me wrong wet lay serves many a purpose, as does pre preg, the added cost of pre preg involves a purpose built autoclave oven, whereas tooling investment for wet lay can literally be in you garage with the right products and resins etc :)

PPTom - Will certainly bare this in mind, many thanks

Thanks

Bic

Lionel Richie
bic are you on about resin infusion with the eglass? fibreglass cloth 2x2 twill with that thick black goo on the back?

M

mini-valver

The doorcards just need to have some kind of grab handle mate! Obviously the flat panel can be cut to accept the handle open the door and window switches but theres no way of mounting the original grab handle.
It's for a mk2 Clio. Any ideas on weight loss over a standard card?

RSTuner'd 182FF
I would definately want some mirror covers and the rear bumper insert. I've just bought some carbon fibre to do my front diamond, hopefully it will look good if i take my time.

The price wouldn't really bother me as long as its made to a good standard. Loving the look of carbon fibre against my titanium;) .

Andy.

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Batman - Ah the 3 peice moulded ones, yes we can do them, they will come later though as a very labour intensive product to bring online but possible to do yes, similar price i would guess too.

Fred - the e glass has resin already in it, just like pre preg carbon does yes, as it cures the resin then gives black finish to the rear of product.It isnt goo like, very fabric and material like, and as such it has a shelf life and has to be stored in freezers etc.

Mini valver, when we take some door cards off the donor clio we are using then we can get more into it, not a problem.

Matty j - we have a rennault 5 bonnet at the workshop, i think that is the only product we have at present.

D4ve, yes all possible, would be similarly priced as i said above depending on intricacy of product etc.

182laney - We will be putting the front grill badge into production too, watch close

h4x0r7000 - which car is this for ?

Update today:

Spent a good few hours yesterday filling, primer filling and flatting the 172/182 engine cover in preperation for moulding this coming week.

This afternoon, successfully removed :

Both wing mirror covers
Headlamp washer jet blanking covers
Front splitter
Tailgate Spoiler
Fog light surrounds

Will be primer filling them hopefully tomorrow night and get these product pushed through as quick as we can accomodate.

When we have some light again next, will get the door mouldings off and add them to the pile :)

I will grab some progress pictures this week.

Thanks

Bic
Streamline Carbon

PH2 172
Bic ill be interested in front splitter rear bumper insert engine cover and foglight inserts cant wait for the prices

bic, its for a renault megane coupe 1996 so phase 1. some parts from a clio mk1(engine parts) and mk2 (Exterior parts) will fit the coupe.

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Sounds great peeps, ah okay h4 have to see what we do that will fit then, cool.

I will get some prices confirmed for the parts listed previously over next couple of weeks, we aim to have the parts fitted to our donor car by the end of March if not before ready for viewing with definitive retail prices.

I have to say, I am really excited about bringing this new range online too, also going to be branding the products with streamline carbon name, company colour is going to be orange, hope some of the decals get to stay on, it will be mainly the engine cover to be honest, as I dont really think a mirror cover would look that great stickered up, pmsl

M

mini-valver

Lol, fair point ;)

The only ones Ive seen for the Clio are flat panel and have a handle that rivets too them, it's funcional but doesnt look all that good! Be interesting to see what you come up with!

When you get them made can you get some weight saving figures? Just to be a pain in the arse, lol.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Can't wait to see these Products, Will be very interested in a few of the Products

bic

Land Rover Discovery
mini valver, don't worry all the parts we produce get weighed before and after, the cup spoiler is very heavy, took it off earlier and weighed at least double the 106 gti spoiler, which was 1.5kg and we got down to less than half that weight in carbon :)

Just wish we had the money and time to invest quicker for you guys to get the products available quicker, but don't worry, be done soon :)

02' PH1 172
this stuff is going to be awesome!! gonna suck shipping it off all the way here tho.. at least we gonna be getting club discounts :)

M

mini-valver

Legend. I'm in no rush, just like looking at shiny stuff, lol! Can't wait to see it, pimptastic.

Clio 172 cup mk2
Just read this thread, I'll be glude to it now seeing products that will be coming available. Definately will be purchasing some of the stuff once you put up final products and prices

2002 172
call me sad but i check this thread every day to see if anything is avalilable yet. i want mainly interior stuff...but a carbon boonet and boot lid wouldnt go a miss ;)

bic

Land Rover Discovery
Fred - yes it can be tedious at times and I know hardly anything yet, still the workshop apprentice, lol. You must know your s**t though I bet, sound.

Batman - engine cover is filled, rpimed and flatted, just wants a light buff and then release agent applying, then mounting on a board and ready to gel coat for the mould :)

Spoiler is going to be complex but be a hell of a product and finished, looking at approx £249-£299 for fully finished replica of the OE with all fixings etc, keeping aperture for brake light and in pre preg 2x2 twill carbon, fibreglass versions will also be available at approx half the price :)

Matt 182 - My brother is taking the interior trims of the dash this week and will add them to the pile at the workshop and push through with the rest of the products :)

Batman - I only wish things could happen that quick, lol

thanks

Bic