ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon canister ?

Hi

I've got a 1.2 Clio and there's annoying ticking noise from the carbon canister. It's so loud when sat at traffic lights so I'm looking to change it. Are these easy to do? It's under the osf headlight if that helps

Monaco 172
If they're the same as a 172, jack up drivers side remove the wheel, unclip the front section of the arch liner and you'll see it there - undo the 3 13mm bolts and it'll drop down, unplug the sensor, take the 2 pipes off. Bingo Bango. easy.

If they're the same as a 172, jack up drivers side remove the wheel, unclip the front section of the arch liner and you'll see it there - undo the 3 13mm bolts and it'll drop down, unplug the sensor, take the 2 pipes off. Bingo Bango. easy.
Is there anyway of cleaning it to quieten it down as ticking getting louder n more annoying.

Monaco 172
I just replaced mine as i was getting a CEL for a fault with mine, £23 posted from Renparts who are a trader on here, Not worth messing around @BuCkLeY... just get it changed mate.

clio sport 172 ph1
I had this problem on my girlfriends 1.2 and turned out to be the manifold lambda giving a false reading and was oviously trying to dump all the waste gases into the cannister ,might be worth having a scan for any fault codes