ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Not Turning Over Due To New Headunit

MINI FJCW
Basically just fitted my new headunit to the car, and i went to turn the car on and its not even turning over.

Everything else works, lights, headunit etc. But the car wont start up.

Please help!

MINI FJCW
Been tinkering around all night with it.

Looked over the crank shaft sensor, gave it a little clean, checked the battery, refitted the old cd player back in, still absolutely nothing.

Only thing i havent done is check the fuses, surely this wouldnt be the problem for the car not starting though?

Please, please help, am absolutely devastated as need my car for college and my job.

Titanium 182
Battery or fuses mate. Seriously doubt you have fucked anything major up by swapping a headunit.

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
deffently battery or fuses or else u have damaged or loosened some wiring harness in the dash when changing the headunit

Shouldnt be anything too major. Are you sure the battery isnt just low if you had the headunit on for a while without the car started? try jump starting or charging the battery.

MINI FJCW
Thanks for the quick responses lads.

Already tried fitting the old stereo in, no luck!

Aluco: Thats what i thought but im baffled to why it wont start. :S

Battery seems fine, that leaves me with the fuses, ill have to check them tomorrow.

Titanium 182
If the fuses are fine try jump starting it, when my battery when flat it wouldn't turn over it just made a loud clicking sound. Connect up to another car battery leave the other car running for a couple of mins then try start yours, worked for me.

MINI FJCW
Thats what mine sounds like, ill turn the key to try and turn the engine on, and its just a clicking sound, no start from the engine or anything.

Would it not be a loose wire from the battery of some description? Just having a random guess.

So depressed!

clio 172
Thats what mine sounds like, ill turn the key to try and turn the engine on, and its just a clicking sound, no start from the engine or anything.

Would it not be a loose wire from the battery of some description? Just having a random guess.

So depressed!
sounds like ur battery dead then m8 bump it

yes, that's the sound of a dead battery

although dashboards light, radio, etc will come on, the engine won't turn over

it happened to me when I left the headlights on for 1 hour by mistake on a Mitsubishi

BMW M135i
Not very helpful but why oh why do people not disconnect the battery when playing with a cars electric(onic)s so much stuff to damage if your not careful.