ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Jacked Up.. Wheel Wobble

Teg
Had an advisory from my MOT with N/S/F ball joint has slight play.. So I did a service earlier and while I had the car up in the air I thought I'd check the wheels for play. Drivers side not a problem all good, passenger side.. Ok top and bottom but there's play if I put my hands at 3 and 9 o'clock on wheel with a clicking noise. Had a quick look under and there's no obvious signs where the plays coming from.

Has anyone got an ideas? Surely if it was the balljoint it'd be play if I put my hands at top and bottom of wheel?

Any helps appreciated.

Teg
Track rod end?
Track rods and track rod ends don't look that old, possibly changed just before I bought the car?
erm...ball joint...
Fair enough.. I know if a mechanics told me ball joint, it should be the ball joint. I just wasn't sure as I've always been told if it was the ball joint there would be play if I placed my hands on top and bottom of wheel not left and right. I was just thinking there could possibly be play in bearing or hub?

I've bought some Lemforder ball joints already anyway so I'll do them then go from there.

dan's cast offs.
not always, with the shite top mounts you often feel the play side to side. to check for sure you need to get a bar pn the joint and give it a heave.