ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
I’m pretty sure me and 2 mates got killed by a hacker the other day. In fact I’m certain it was aimbot.

You probably did. It's full of them. Especially when you get sniped from someone that's virtually on the other side of them map. They need to f**k the pc cross play off

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I’m on a PC and don’t cheat, or camp.

Can’t stand cheaters, or muppets that use the aim assist on Xbox and Playatation, absolutely no skill involved. This should be removed also.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
It's a shame it's so rife. But then the people I watch are getting stream sniped etc. So people do it to say I've killed teepee etc. Shame as the game is good but not 'fun'. Blackout was a laugh.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I’m on a PC and don’t cheat, or camp.

Can’t stand cheaters, or muppets that use the aim assist on Xbox and Playatation, absolutely no skill involved. This should be removed also.
The aim assist comment is a bit silly let’s be honest. Console players have literally millimetres of movement on controller in which to take an accurate shot vs PC players who have an entire mousepad.

I don’t feel the aim assist is even moderate in cod let alone strong...in fortnite it was noticeable not in cod.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
The aim assist comment is a bit silly let’s be honest. Console players have literally millimetres of movement on controller in which to take an accurate shot vs PC players who have an entire mousepad.

I don’t feel the aim assist is even moderate in cod let alone strong...in fortnite it was noticeable not in cod.

Disagree, been playing 1st person shooters on the PC since I was 8 which is 30 years now. Like today’s generation I have also been up together on consoles right up until the PS3 arrived.

There is a massive difference in playability between PC games and console. To be good on the PC you actually have to be good, when i used to play mates on the PS3 you didn’t have to be anywhere near as accurate and some of the shots taken were way out yet you would still get a head shot 😂 it was laughable and no doubt still is.

Of course people will disagree but this comes from experience.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Big advantage is frames per second too.

Pc players have always had the advantage in first person shooters in my opinion. It's rare although getting less so that console players can step up.

I used to follow a few on Fortnite and iirc nickmercs and Ayden were the first very very good console players that could compete with pc players

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
On PC do you literally just click on the enemy and shoot?

Taking away distance and weapon setup if you wanted a headshot on the PC the crosshair had to be on the head, with the last COD series I played on the PS I could achieve a headshot with the crosshair off center from the head so a few mm grace.

Also when I used to scope on the PS it would slow the image down for accuracy, on a PC you get none of that.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Taking away distance and weapon setup if you wanted a headshot on the PC the crosshair had to be on the head, with the last COD series I played on the PS I could achieve a headshot with the crosshair off center from the head so a few mm grace.

Also when I used to scope on the PS it would slow the image down for accuracy, on a PC you get none of that.

But is the mouse the crosshair? Seems mad that you can just click where you want then press a button to fire!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like a cheeky advantage ;)

Assuming you have the reactions to match. But then you can crank the sensitivity up a lot with controller.

Simply down to who's better at the game most of the time.

Pc players (with hacks) console players with really high sensitivity.

Jokes ^

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I’m in the minority of using a controller on pc.

I tried playing on my lads Xbox and it seems really slow.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Nickmercs (only person that springs to mind) does that?

The frames and general running of a game on pc would be great to experience.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Disagree, been playing 1st person shooters on the PC since I was 8 which is 30 years now. Like today’s generation I have also been up together on consoles right up until the PS3 arrived.

There is a massive difference in playability between PC games and console. To be good on the PC you actually have to be good, when i used to play mates on the PS3 you didn’t have to be anywhere near as accurate and some of the shots taken were way out yet you would still get a head shot 😂 it was laughable and no doubt still is.

Of course people will disagree but this comes from experience.
It isn’t physically possible to be as accurate on console without aim assist as you would be on PC with a mousepad. This isn’t my opinion, I mean it literally is not possible.

You still need a lot of skill to be ‘up there’ on a console. There’s so many factors, as you will know, to being good at FPS games. You can give someone an aimbot, but if their reaction times aren’t fast and/or they are poor at navigating a building/town then they’ll always lose a 1v1. I thought I was good at cod until I recently played with someone who I’d say is the best cod player I’ve ever played with, and there’s so much more to being good at the game than just aiming down the sights. I definitely wouldn’t say the aim assist on cod is a huge advantage.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
It’s much better at 120+ FPS than 60, which I imagine is what the consoles run at.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
How do you find out your frame rate? Is higher better? I just play the xbox, never looked into/understood frame and ping rates etc

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Nickmercs (only person that springs to mind) does that?

The frames and general running of a game on pc would be great to experience.
Before they nerfd aim assist on fortnite he used to absolutely abuse the f**k out of it LOL. Fortnite is the game that springs to mind that had aim assist which was just silly.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
How do you find out your frame rate? Is higher better? I just play the xbox, never looked into/understood frame and ping rates etc

There’s an option in the settings to show it on pc, unsure about console.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Meh, a mates got a mega PC and is obsessed with FPS etc. He’s spent a silly amount on his setup and still gets smashed on cod.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Meh, a mates got a mega PC and is obsessed with FPS etc. He’s spent a silly amount on his setup and still gets smashed on cod.

My 4 year old pc runs this just fine, but the internet connection has a massive bearing on games like this obviously.

I’m still sh*t at most games though 🤣

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Played a few games last night. Came across a hacker. No idea if it was the whole team. Mate got shot through the walk and on his kill cam it was a see through wall lol.

I got pinged from the same building from a distance and he wasnt visible at all. Was inside lol

Will turn crossplay off from now on. Shame as the game runs smoother.