ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Has anyone watched the multiplayer preview on Inside Xbox?

I think it looks and sounds good.

I can understand the comments saying "It looks the same as MW2" etc, but why change a winning formula?

A tweak here and there is all that it needs.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Because it gets farking boring after 5 games!

Maybe my attention span is shorter but I need more from a game now. I think BC2 has spoiled me, which is why BF3 will be the one.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I've been thinking past few days, not sure if I will be getting this

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
If i get both of them it will be hard getting into either properly. So I'll be getting BF3. I think it will be far better. Even though I really enjoy MW2 as you all know. I think It's BF3 this time round.

I have never played any Battlefield game other than the original on PC which I thought was pish.

Maybe I should try one of the older ones out to see how it stacks up against COD.

106 quiksilver
Love the call of duty series tbh, miss the old gamebattles days haha Not played in almost a year with the xbox breaking, anyone know of any good deals/bundle offes to get bcak into it?

MINI FJCW
Why on earth are Death Streaks still involved?

One thing thats always bugged me, you get rewarded for being terrible at the game?

This for example;

• 5 Deaths - Revenge - Reveals the position of the enemy who killed you at all time.
Pathetic.

Si

RS Clio 172
Has the tpoic of a "MW3 Elite Subscription" been covered yet?

http://www.techwatch.co.uk/2011/05/...call-of-duty-elite-mw3-online-subs-component/

Sickening if true. Pay £40 for a game which had a single player life of about 5 hours and about 12 new maps, virtually the same game engine, weapons and game types as 4 years ago... and then have to pay a subscription on top? We're mugs for buying this game every year.

At least other franchises such as Halo, Gears etc give a bit more when it comes to actually "out the box" game content.

We're effectively paying £40 for an update when we buy the new title every year.

Mountune Tractor
Has the tpoic of a "MW3 Elite Subscription" been covered yet?

http://www.techwatch.co.uk/2011/05/...call-of-duty-elite-mw3-online-subs-component/

Sickening if true. Pay £40 for a game which had a single player life of about 5 hours and about 12 new maps, virtually the same game engine, weapons and game types as 4 years ago... and then have to pay a subscription on top? We're mugs for buying this game every year.

At least other franchises such as Halo, Gears etc give a bit more when it comes to actually "out the box" game content.

We're effectively paying £40 for an update when we buy the new title every year.

I couldn't care less if it costs £5 a month or £50 a month, if they want to charge me....I'm out.

I couldn't care less if it costs £5 a month or £50 a month, if they want to charge me....I'm out.

I don't think the 'Elite' will make any difference to online play.

It'll be a sub, for extra info/add ons/map packs etc, not normal guns/games.

I assume those with the 'Elite' sub will get the map packs for free? Get some extra gun camo? Coloured clan tags? Small things, I hope.

Si

RS Clio 172
It will be just for DLC, but it is a little sad that modern titles are based around DLC these days.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Why on earth are Death Streaks still involved?

One thing thats always bugged me, you get rewarded for being terrible at the game?

This for example;

• 5 Deaths - Revenge - Reveals the position of the enemy who killed you at all time.
Pathetic.

Think about it from the other side...

If you were really s**t at the game and kept dying, you would quit and not want to play anymore.

By giving a small incentive such as that, it encourages you to keep playing and eventually you won't be awful and keep dying loads and relying on death streaks all the time.

I think its a good idea tbh as long as the Death Streaks aren't really overpowered.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Does look pretty epic in that vid, especially things like the SAM sites to shoot down f**king helicopters, Helicopters proper ruin the game imo.

Does look pretty epic in that vid, especially things like the SAM sites to shoot down f**king helicopters, Helicopters proper ruin the game imo.

Should help balance game out.

My preorder is in for hardened edition so roll on November....oh and i am buying BF3 as well.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I second that, looks awesome. I tried playing battlefield 2 before and just couldnt get into it. Looking forward to this

LY 182
I'll definitely be buying.

Slightly worried how I'll get on with it mind you. I find Black Ops a lot easier than MW2. Obviously I've been playing B/Ops solidly and not MW2 but we'll see.

Everything looks really good to me. Will probably just need to spend time improving my skills as it's likely to be quicker and more action from the sounds of it.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Slightly better video where they talk about perks, killstreaks etc.

Last edited by a moderator: