ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

California car scent?

Bumder With A Buffer
^^ IMO for the first few days they are waaayyy tooo overpowering without a lid.

I too felt a bit sick

Just ordered 4 with lids.

Coronado Cherry - everyone raves about it
Golden State Delight (Bubble Gum) - my 'wildcard' :p
Monterey Vanilla - love the vanilla magic tree
Newport New Car - can't be new car scent

Suzuki Jimny
Is it pointless/too strong if you buy the ones that don't come with lids?

I got a cherry one without a seperate lid and punched a few holes in the tin lid. I loved the smell so much that I took the lid off completely after a few days.

Clio 172
Just banged a cherry one in my car tonight, gonna be overpowering in the morning. Cant see the lid doing much to stop smell tbh

^ Had to cut out a circle of card and punch 2 holes in that and sandwich it under the lid... Wish id punched holes in the tin instead of opening it...

3 weeks ish later its calmed down enough to to just have the lid.

Clio 172
^ Had to cut out a circle of card and punch 2 holes in that and sandwich it under the lid... Wish id punched holes in the tin instead of opening it...

3 weeks ish later its calmed down enough to to just have the lid.

Good plan !! TBF its not that bad, but the bubblegum smelling one in the wifes car is nose itchingly strong, so will do this to sort

soon to be 182 ;)
i have bought 4 of these, new car, cherry, bubblegum and citrus.
opened the new car one up and theres 3 blocks inside, take it this is correct?
and it barely smells, slightly dissapointed with them??

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
i have bought 4 of these, new car, cherry, bubblegum and citrus.
opened the new car one up and theres 3 blocks inside, take it this is correct?
and it barely smells, slightly dissapointed with them??

Yes 3 blocks

Pull the blocks out and flip them over, add a very small amount of Hot water to them and they should start to smell... probably just dried out a little.

Yes 3 blocks

Pull the blocks out and flip them over, add a very small amount of Hot water to them and they should start to smell... probably just dried out a little.

Cheers for this tip, mines not giving much of a kick anymore even with the lid set wide open... ill give them a flip

soon to be 182 ;)
Yes 3 blocks

ok thanks i will try that, bit strange tho if they are in a sealed tin?? :/

soon to be 182 ;)
My new car scent one gives off next too no smell - need to do the hot water thing I think

mine was the new car scent that didnt give off much scent, i maybe wrong but i think it is more of an odour eater than scent if you get me, may be wrong

Clio 172
mine was the new car scent that didnt give off much scent, i maybe wrong but i think it is more of an odour eater than scent if you get me, may be wrong

Im inclined to agree, I have however just hot watered the pads and the smell is MUCH stronger but still not on the level of the cherry or bubblegum

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
After rave reviews in this thread, I splashed out on one a few weeks ago.

Got the vanilla one, it didn't smell of vanilla, and only lasted a couple of days.

I'll stick to 99p yellow magic tree's that last a couple of months and smell like they are supposed to!

UR R26
After rave reviews in this thread, I splashed out on one a few weeks ago.

Got the vanilla one, it didn't smell of vanilla, and only lasted a couple of days.

I'll stick to 99p yellow magic tree's that last a couple of months and smell like they are supposed to!

Get a cherry one, Mike. I've had mine in since I got the Meg in June and it's still going strong. Make sure you get ones with lids as well.

Fiesta ST-3
I got a bubblegum one from BP garage. Made me buy a fresh packet of bubblegum every time I went for a drive ffs! Too good :approve:

BG 182
Ive got the citrus one, lasted around 3 weeks maybe? Proving to be very strong at first but did calm down. May try the hole in the tin job and see if that works. Think bubblegum and melon are up next...

Monaro VXR
Not like a bakewell tart is a bad thing for the car to smell like though....

Mine was the same.

Bubble Gum was my favourite. Cinnamon just smelt like burning at times.

Citrus Splash Ftw lasted ages :cool:

still got these to use but cant decide which to use next :eek:
Apple Valey
Orange Squeeze
Vista Grapefruit
Malibu Melon

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Just ordered some off the 'bay...

Coronado Cherry
Capistrano Coconut
Citrus Splash
and Monterey Vanilla

Ibiza FR Edition
Just ordered-
Coronado Cherry
Golden State Delight
Palm Springs Pineapple
Santa Barbara Berry

They will have to do well to beat Chemical guys stripper scent!