ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

California car scent?

b/g 182, meg tourer
yep. 4 lids for £1.50.
free postage. it is worth it. they look cack with holes stabbed in the tin and you cant rotate the blocks inside so they don't last as long. and if you just rip the lid off the blocks dry out pretty fast.

BG FF182
Surely you only need one lid!?

Yeah I thought that, but hey how always handy to have a spare. They are good in that you can open and close the vent on the top which will hopefully make them last a decent length of time and it looks better than a tree with half the wrapping pulled off!!

Got an orange one in at the minute and it's quite nice.

Civic Type S GT
Might just get the 4 lids and 4 new cherrys and put them all in the car at once! Now that would smell top!

BG182FF
i paid the 1.69 as i wanted extra feedback, dont know if you can get two feedbacks off one company lol. anybody elses losing smell after a week or so?

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
seriously no it doesnt :dapprove:

Well, my GF has told other people that my car is called the "Vomit Comet," and not because it's a scary ride...

But it IS a really chemically, vomit-like smell to me. But then, I did open the lid straight off, the smell is starting to settle down a little now. I didn't get any lids with mine, so the 4 for £1.50 might be a sound investment :)

Megane R26
My last batch came with new black lids which you cannot adjust - they look a load better though :)

Civic Type S GT
I havnt been in my car yet to see how strong it smells inside now it's been in over night with no lid on. Bet it's gonna be bloody strong!

Homo spec mazda
I bought some but no lid so just peeled the fecker off... can see what they mean about the vomit thing but it is settling down.

172 Cup
Just ordered Citrus Splash, Coronado Cherry, Fresh Linen and Golden State Delight with free lids.

Hope they smell ok..

Ibiza FR
Whats actually meant to bin in the tin, I opened my newport new car and just 3 blocks of foam, no where near as strong as I expected it to be! Should it have gel in too?

BG182FF
just three blocks is all there is, i guess some are stronger than others. think they smell nice when you leave it in car, i didnt think they were strong when i first opened mine

Lou

Cherry still going strong after 3 weeks! I've got mine underneath my drivers seat! Stuck some sticky velcro on the bottom and stuck it to the carpet!

Civic Type S GT
My cherry one is still going very strong! Its in my cup holder, think i'll be buying more of them also with lids!