ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broken speedo...

clio mk2 ph2 2001.
Just after some help and advise please,

I have a mk2 phase 2 1.5 dci.. Lowerd on rokkor coilovers..
I was reversing off a friends drive earlier and came off a curb and i what felt like my drivers side tire hitting the arch with a nice bang, i drove off and realised my speedo was not working.. I pulled over, did the test on the trip computer and the rev counter and speedo went round so i know its not a electrical problem.
I have read that the sensor is attached to the gearbox on the mk2's if i am correct? but is there a sensor on the drivers side that i may have knocked up for my speedo not to work??

thanks for any help given.
Jake.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
the speedo runs off the ABS system not the gearbox with the exception being 172 cups as they have no ABS.

you have an ABS ring on the driveshafts and sensors on the hub, but i cant see how you would have caught these unless your seriously low? is the abs working ok? no random pedal juddering or dash lights?

clio mk2 ph2 2001.
Ye it is seriously low... Ye i read that is is controlled by the abs, but was unsure.
Ye abs is fine, no juddering under breaking or no dash light. I will get the wheels off tomorrow and have a closer look, was just glad to get home without being pulled over for speeding!
Thanks for the advise.